WOYWW 693

 CHERISH THE LOVE WE HAVE

WE SHOULD CHERISH THE LIFE WE LIVE

It has been a week of high emotion, that's for sure - the news of the Queen's passing was a shock despite seeing how unwell she was recently. Whilst being very sad, it has also been interesting to watch the pageantry and protocols of proclaiming the new King, after all it will be the first time that most of us have witnessed such an event. History in the making.

Despite the national sadness, Gordon and I had a wonderful anniversary, a wonderful lunch out, some thoughtful and fun presents and some reminiscing, a really lovely day xx

We had many fab cards but this one from Lynne and Brian will be going on the JanCave shelves. It came flat packed and opened out to reveal some fun paper engineering!


Awesome! It made us laugh a lot, especially as the bloke looks very like G with his camera at the ready *grin*!!


We had a lovely day, may there be many more xx

I have done a bit in the JanCave trying to get ahead with a few things to put in store ready.


I'm finishing off this mad doggy fabric, all gone now...


This splodgy dark grey fabric is great as the contrast, I think it came from Hobbycraft. I use the doorstop as a weight to hold down the fabrics, it works well.

I treated myself to this book as it had some great ideas in it which I'm looking forward to trying:


I've had a couple of Debbie Shore books, they're pitched just right with pretty/stylish makes that aren't too difficult. I shall have fun!

Hope you've had a good week, I'm at the National Championships with the band this weekend - we're not going to win but I know we'll have fun! Keep your fingers crossed xx

17 comments:

Helen said...

I am glad you were able to enjoy your special day, what a fantastic card from Lynne! Definitely one that needs to go on the shelves of the JanCave. Good luck with the Championships. Helen #3

Sarah Brennan said...

Happy anniversary to you both once more Jan. Glad you had such a good day. That card is indeed a feat of engineering (not surprising given who it's from lol). Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Susan Renshaw said...

Love that 3D card and will have to get that book!

Happy WOYWW! Susan #5

Sue said...

Hi Jan, Glad you had a lovely anniversary.

Enjoy the magazine andf the projects.

Happy WOYWW
Sue

Twiglet said...

Lovely photo of you both! Enjoy that book - and do show us all that you make. Best of luck with your band. xx Jo

Tracy said...

Goood morning Jan 🤗loving the 3D card ❤ one tooo treasure ⭐Gorgeous photo of you both,looking so very happy 🥂🍾 Wishing you much joy in creating 🪡 Goooood luck for the championship ⭐🤸🥰❤💕 Lots of love and hugs Tracy #13 xxx

Diana Taylor said...

So glad you had such a lovely anniversary - the card from Lynne is fabulous. I love the look of the book - the cover alone would entice me to buy it, I love all those beautiful makes on the front - I hope you get some great inspiration from it.
Good luck with the championships, my fingers will be crossed!
Have a good week,
Diana xx #15

Catriona said...

Fabulous photo of you both. I have that book Jan and perhaps this is the year I will make something from it! Catriona

Crafting With Jack said...

That card is amazing and that is a lovely photograph of you and your husband. Happy WOYWW. Angela #7

BJ said...

What a great card to remind you of a special day. Loving the book it looks right up your street. The recliner is our first one ever on the back of going to the cinema back in June and finding recliners there I had to have one! Only just got our old sofas sent to our son in Cambridge and getting the house back in order at last - phew. BJ#1

Lynnecrafts said...

So glad you liked our card, Jan and we hope you get many years pleasure from your pressie. We were wondering how the meal out on Sunday went. Glad you enjoyed it.
I wish you all the best for the National Band finals, so glad they’re not having to be postponed for a clash. I saw the military band today had bags to carry their tubas in while they were playing and marching.
Fingers crossed!
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 8

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jan, thanks for the lovely comment I have sent you an answer to the question. I have to admit that I'm late getting round everyone today because we've been to the seaside for a day out, first time since Covid started so it made a lovely change and as hubby said let's go who was I to turn it down. Also we have a new puppy so it was her first time to see the sea. You never know until the competition is over who might win and I'm sure you'll have a great time whatever. Loving the card it's brilliant. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x12x

Annie said...

I'm very late in the day with my visits but it has been one of those crazy days with sewing and a constant flow of yet more customers bringing me more to do...it certainly makes my days pass quickly.
Really glad you had a wonderful anniversary...well deserved. I like the look of that book...I may have to invest in a copy.
Hugs,
Annie x #10

StampinCarol said...

Glad you had a wonderful anniversary and that card is da bomb!! How cool!!!
Looks like you had quite a productive week!
And enjoy your magazine!
Thanks for popping by and have a wonderful week!
Carol N #16

Neet said...

That card is absolutely beautiful. So very appropriate for you two. So glad you had a wonderful celebration - and you still have more to look forward to. lovely photo of the two of you.
The doggy fabric is lovely and no wonder it has been a good earner. The book you bought looks to have lots of lovely makes in - I look forward to seeing what you do.
Have a great week and weekend.
Hugs, Neet xx

Eva said...

What a wonderful anniversary. How cute is this card!
I googled to get the magazine!
Wish you a wonderful time!
My sympathy to the Queens death!
Eva from Austria

Lindart said...

Happy Anniversary! Glad you were able to enjoy it despite the bad news. It will be different, we've never had a king in our lifetime! Your new book looks like it will be fun for Christmas sewing! I love the dog fabric, no wonder you are running out of it! Thanks for your visit, and have a great week, Lindart #17

WOYWW 769

 WE'LL MEET AGAIN.... I'm going to take a break from blogging for a while - please don't worry, all is ok! - think I just need a...