WOYWW 899

 YOU GOTTA HAVE FRIENDS....

Hi everyone, hope you're having a good week! Isn't it nicer now it's not so hot, I'm even enjoying the showers we're having as are the gardens. One more week to the Big 9.0.0., what a landmark that is, WOYWW must surely be one of the longest running blogs around and that definitely deserves celebrating! I hope that that old time deskers might consider returning for a week, it would be lovely to see some old friends back again.

I've been making gnomes...as you do...


Ready for stuffing and assembling! As well as sewn ones there are also knitted versions:


Just ready for a chocolate orange! But I'm not buying those yet, way too early.

The best thing about the past two days however is that Julia came to stay, we've not seen each other for a while so it's been like old times, we've laughed a lot! We've been down the beach and yesterday went to Aberglasney:


It was looking so good despite the recent high temps, the autumn planting is very much to the fore:


The dahlia bank was stunning, all bronze, orange, purple and burgundy colours - inspiration for next year!

There was a smart craft exhibition in the main house, lots of lovely art and jewellery. Julia and I were both taken by this display of small jugs and drinking vessels:


Fun huh? It would make a great jigsaw don't you think?! The same potter had done some seriously weird things as well:


The strangest teapots I've ever seen, you wouldn't get a decent sized brew out of them lol!!

And Julia had a good mosey around the JanCave:


My dear old mate! We have had a lot of fun xxx

Big hugs go out to Helen as well who's been in the wars this week, hope you're ok and your broken wrist isn't causing you too much aggro. Hope you're feeling as ok as you can be xx

Enjoy your week, I'm looking forward to seeing some vintage pics for the 900th edition, got to have a good search in my dusty old vault! xxxxxxx

16 comments:

Helen said...

Had to let you know I'm here! thanks for your thoughts. great to see you and Julia back together again! Helen xx

Annie said...

It's so lovely to see you two enjoying some time together....I'd love to have been a fly on the wall. Love the gnomes in the making...you are so well prepared.
Hugs,
Annie x #5

Eva said...

Dear Jan! Thank you for this lovely insight into your week and telling about your meeting with Julia. You spent good time at the beach and Aberglasney. I love your gnomes. Why not buy the chocolate orange? Don't be so hard on yourself. Best wishes from Austria. Eva

BJ said...

Ah what a lovely post and a great reunion for you two. Would love a mosey round your cave too. Adore the gnomes, guess they are filled with beans/peas by the scoop. All the trees will be going sometime soon, just wish I knew when. Perhaps when the whirring of the pile driver changes to the high pitch screech of a chain saw.... we'll see. Hugs Bj#12

Lynnecrafts said...

So glad you had a good time with Julia. Your gnomes are cute and the pottery at Aberglasney was weird and wonderful.
Happy WOYW,
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 11 xx

My name is Cindy said...

Hi Jan - thanks for the compliment! Lovely to see you and Julia together - what fun!! That flower bed behind you looks lovely. the gardens you visited look lovely, it's like a desert here in the parks and gardens.
Did not realise we were so near no 900 - will def try to be here next week.
Lionel has grown so much this year, he's a real little personality now. Have been helping Chelsey sort out all the baby stuff and aaahing over how little he once was ! Oh well, soon be time to do it all again.
Love n hugs, Cindy xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jan and Julia, I know I was a bit late getting to know everyone in the flesh but I do miss those getting together days. That looks like a great place to visit. Hubby would love the ceramics as he used to teach it at school and we still have a few unusual items! Thanks for the comment at mine too. Sending woyww hugs Angela x10x

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Your gnomes are so cute, especially the knitted ones. I just ordered a gnome die cut to make felt ones, but I know I'll never be as prolific a gnome maker as you. It looks like you and Julia had a lovely time. That shot of the garden in Aberglasney is enchanting, and the potter's work is so inspiring. Happy WOYWW!

Elizabeth said...

Hello Jan, how fab to see Julia and yourself together again. Both looking great too. Love the display of pots and the pics of the garden. The dwarves are fabulous but I'd also hold off on the chocolate oranges - far too tempting! Like you, I'm enjoying the cooler weather and the occasional showers. I wish I'd thought of entitling my post today 'Confessions of a Scrapbooker' - so very appropriate. Have a great week. Hugs, Elizabeth x 13

Kelly said...

Good morning, Jan
What a treat to have Miss Julia share a few days with you. She's the reason we're here.
I agree on the puzzle. What fun to find places for the colors amidst all the white.
Gnomes are adorable.
enjoy the rain. We so need it here in our part of the US while just a few hours north of us have battled flooding where they don't usually. Going to make corn/ soy beans a sad haul this year.
Creative Blessings & Hugs!
~ Kelly # 15

Crafting With Jack said...

Great to see you having a good time with Julia. I don’t know how small is small, but those jugs and other vessels are fabulous. The other stuff is not my cup of tea 🙃. I don’t know how nation wide the rain has been, but I am sure the ground is sighing in relief. Hugs Angela #14

ukmaryanne said...

Happy quite late WOYWW catch-up!
Ah, Mrs Dunnit and Lunch Lady Jan together again. Wonderful to see you both looking so happy. That house looks a fun visit and the jugs are stunningly fabulous. What a wonderful display, and yeah a great puzzle for sure. Not sure about that teapot LOL! Bet the beach was a welcome respite from the heat and great you got to spend time together there.
Mary Anne (4)

Susan Renshaw said...

How lovely to have a catch up with Juila. Love the gnomes and the little jugs! Happy WOYWW! I am now in rehab after my hip replacement and doing well!

Kyla said...

Great to see you both enjoying some time together, without you two so many of us would never have met. The gardens and craft show look really good and yep, that would be a good jug jigsaw!
kyla

Sarah Brennan said...

SO good to see you and Julia had such a great time together Jan. I am looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. Love the gnomes. Stay safe and Happy Belated WOYWW. Sarah

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Hi Jan, what a great post...loved all the photos. 900 POSTS WOW, and I had so much fun with all involved yrs back. Always wished to visit while son was in Military in Germany. but I guess I'm a dreamer . Thanks for the FUN today by sharing all the great photos. Best Wishes to you and yours.

WOYWW 905

 FAREWELL... Well, this isn't the post I was expecting to write today. The shock of hearing that Sarah, our WOYWW host for the past coup...