WOYWW 758

 STEP INTO CHRISTMAS...

Fear not, this is a much shorter post today! Last week's was a bit of an epic so thank you to those of you who read to the end, lol!

I've been trying to get ahead with some bits for the cafe before the JanCave gets taken over by my son Owen next week as he'll be working from home here!


Laura from the cafe had a customer ask if there were any Welsh peg bags left so I quickly ran a couple up - funnily enough I think they're almost quicker to make than glasses cases or purses.

I had a play with some of the new fabrics too:


I couldn't decide between the two lining colours so decided to do two sets in each one!


There was a big old cutting out and ironing session, now comes the fun part of sewing up!

I also got a bit more time to assemble the Christmas wreath featuring the free machining bits and bobs. I partly put it together and decided that it needed something else as a finishing touch. I dug out some florists wire from the stash and some pearly beads...


and had fun threading and twisting!


Mistletoe berries!

I slotted them into the final design and voila:

I'm quite pleased with my first attempt and would definitely have another go - thanks to Jo and Annie for a great tutorial, it made all the difference!

Bit of Christmas colour and sparkle! Happy days xx

Hope you're all having fun with whatever you're crafting/getting up to in the run up to Christmas xxxx


15 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Good luck with the last minute sewing Jan. The wreath looks amazing. Love both those lining colours for that fabric. Stay safe and Happy WOYWWW. Sarah #1

Helen said...

Wow , the wreath looks stunning. Love the new fabrics. Happy woyww. Helen #4

Twiglet said...

Your wreath really is stunning Jan. Glad you enjoyed making it but we only showed you how to free machine - the creative talent is all yours😀 I definitely think we should make a Spring version- primroses, daffs, snowdrops? Or a Welsh one with a few added dragons for St David's Day ..... Going into overdrive here🤣🤣🤣 x x x Jo

Catriona said...

Oh my goodness, Jan, that wreath is exquisite-the little pearls added something special. Catriona

Lynnecrafts said...

Your wreath is gorgeous, Jan, and I love the mistletoe berries. I’m not surprised the Welsh peg bags are so popular; ours is great.
Enjoy your time in the Jancave this week before it becomes Owen’s control deck.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 12 xx

Eva said...

Dear JAN!
What a lovely idea - this Christmas wreath! The icing on the cake are the pearly beads.
Please be not too busy, before the JanCave gets taken over.....
Best wishes,
Eva from Austria

Julia Dunnit said...

Loving the added berries, gotta love a pearly berry! How fab, I hope you're very pleased with it, it must look fab on the door. Must be nice to know that people remember what they've seen in the Cafe and come back for...shows you've got the market well read! Happy last minute stitching then, I know you'll happily give up the Jan cave temporarily!

Mary Anne said...

That wreath is simply wonderful. Your added pearly twists are the final touch it needed to really lift it even higher. I adore it. And you do make me smile - just ran them up in a flash, you say? Amazing!
Happy holiday WOYWW!
Mary Anne (2)

Neet said...

Oh Jan, that Christmas Garland is gorgeous! What a difference those beads have made.
Oh Em Gee - those new fabrics are super wonderful. That centre one is like a load of jewels lined up - absolutely fantastic!
Well, I bet you are glad to pack up the Jan Cave for Owen to live in (well not live, but you know what I mean, he is not a cave dweller really, until he comes to mum and dads). Glad you got an order for the Welsh peg bags, I bet the Welsh stuff sells really well, souvenirs and all that - plus patriotic.
Hugs, Neet 7 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jan. I love how you wired up those beads, very effective and the perfect finishing touch to the wreath. Thanks for the lovely comments over at mine too. Happy creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x10x

Annie said...

I’ve just read Jos comment and had a good chuckle cos I’ve already been searching out ideas for other garlands…..for maybe when I have a bit more time (my Christmas one was rather basic but I do love it). Yours is so much more artistic than mine and I love it.
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Lindart said...

The wreath is beautiful! Those berries really finish it off. It's amazing to see how different each of the wreaths turned out! I love the new fabrics, really beautiful! Have a great week, Lindart #16

BJ said...

oh that wreath is super fun and the pearly accents give it extra lusciousness. Love the rainbow fabric, think I'd opt for the yellow liner but great idea to do both. Was just talking to my neighbour's daughter about the name Owen, unusual round here but as I grew up in Wales no so there. He son was Owen too but apparently named after a Land Rover???? and my son's uni friend is Owen too. Oh my. Have a super time with him home, mine is coming home this year too horrah. Hugs BJ#13

Crafting With Jack said...

Love the jewel looking fabric. Your wreath is fabulous and the pearls a great addition. Can you ladies hire a hall next year and we can all have a go? I hope you can find a little spot for your crafting somewhere while your son is with you. Happy WOYWW. Angela #3

Susan Renshaw said...

The wreath looks beautiful!
And well done on the peg bags - I am sure they will sell quickly!
Happy WOYWW! Susan #5

WOYWW 769

 WE'LL MEET AGAIN.... I'm going to take a break from blogging for a while - please don't worry, all is ok! - think I just need a...