WOYWW 757

 THANK YOU FOR BEING A FRIEND...

In the style of TV Listings magazines, it's a bumper double issue this week, lol!  The Internet Gods just weren't playing ball when I was up in Shrewsbury last week so it's all on show today (now then Twiglet....)

The main reason for visiting Shrewsbury was, of course, to go and see those naughty sisters - ooh, we did have a good time!


I bought three snowflake Christmas tree decorations for us all!

We talked for nearly two hours and Annie reminded us that we'd better get a shift on if we were going to do any crafting *grin*  I'd been having a lovely sort through a box of fabric that Annie had brought over, she was happy for me to take whatever I wanted:


I did have a lovely time! After a delicious lunch courtesy of Jo, we got to do some sewing....still chatting away of course!


I'm useless at taking selfies but this shows the set up...


The girls had the idea of free motion sewing flowers and holly leaves to make a wreath. Annie very kindly sourced some wire florists wreath bases. Now I've not really free machined before so Jo took me through some basics and I had a little practise. It is NOT NORMAL to sew sideways!!! But once I relaxed a bit, I really enjoyed myself...thank you so much for everything, Jo and Annie, we all had a wonderful time - I'm blessed to have you as my friends xxxx

My menfolk and I spent a lot of time walking around this pretty town, I think we looked at every old building:


and we spotted this:


which looks ancient but Annie's hubby told us it was quite recent, covering up a building steel or something. Looks can be deceiving eh?

We went along every snicket/alley/ginnel/passage (whatever you call them), there were beautiful buildings at every turn:


and of course, the shops were all gussied up for Christmas:


I bought the snowflakes from this one! The town was looking really festive and ever so pretty. We loved it and had a really good time. I might have gone into a fabric shop or two...cough...


though I was quite restrained in my purchases, honest!  This wall made a pleasing pattern I thought:


That would make a good jigsaw eh?!

Back home, I thought that I really should crack on with what I'd learned so I ferreted out my free machining foot and just had a go:


I love the scribbly style of sewing and it doesn't matter one jot if the lines are wibbly wobbly, it adds to the character..that's my excuse anyway.


Just placed in a rough design, I think I need to make some twigs or mistletoe, will see what I can find and get it finished for next week.  But I wouldn't have had the courage to do this before so thank you Wipso and Twiglet for a really great tutorial xxxx

I may have had a fabric delivery *grin*  PiliPala fabrics were having a cyber week sale:


The pic's not great as I took this at night, the colours really pop so much more. Lots of fun to be had there!

and it was my turn to host a crafty get together with my mates Kim and Sue:


We'd made each other fun little prezzies - I'm holding a decorated bottle with lights and a handpainted decoration from Kim, who is herself holding a fab little snowman made by Sue.


His hat came off to reveal a choccy bear inside, then his head came off and a little flickering tea light was in the bottom, so clever! I loved both my gifts girls, thank you xxxx

The girls made gnomes and had fun raiding my fabric and embellishments stash and before you know it, two more little gnomes had invaded our house:


Their two are the ones with the red noses! They joined in for a group photo with my other gnomes and trees - we had a lot of fun xx

Well done for sticking with me to the end, it's been a busy couple of weeks and that doesn't look like changing much either, all good though!

Hope you have a good week and enjoy whatever it is you're up to! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

15 comments:

Helen said...

What a great bumper issue! looks like you've mastered the free machining...
glad you had such a good trip. thanks for the card, it arrived last week, you were the first! still not written mine... Happy WOYWW Mr Linky isn't working so no #

Twiglet said...

What a fab post Jan, gorgeous photos of my the Shropshire sewing group! Didn't know we have lovely day and just look at that stunning wreath you have finished - it's stunning and I am sure you will be tempted to dabble now you have mastered the technique. Your Shrewsbury pics are great. It is a beautiful town isn't it Glad you had another fab crafty day and what fab things you all made. We are blessed aren't we. x x Jo

Julia Dunnit said...

Aw, lovely pics of you and Stitchsters, so unsurprised that there was chatting before stitching! I agree with sewing sideways, it even sounds bizarre! I also couldn't agree more about the casual, wavy stitching in that free style, I think it does so much for the finished pieces. As usual, fab choices of fabrics for your wreath, it's gorgeous. So is Shrewsbury through your lens, no better way to get in a bit of the spirit than a nice old town all decked out for the season if you ask me. Oh...and once again, thanks for the Brussels sprout bag and case...in use and continually admired!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

What a great fun post, love all your photos. I think my uplift would be living near you all..................You have the cutest things made up for holiday fun. And your weather looks good. WE've missed the snow, and enjoying sunny days 3 days of 50 degrees in DECEMBER !!! ok by me.
Enjoy as the time is flying by.

Annie said...

Didn’t we have a lovely day,the day you came to Shrewsbury? Crafting times with friends are just the best aren’t they? Love you lots…we are so lucky.
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Crafting With Jack said...

Fabulous flowers and leaves for your wreath. Love that dragon you found - it does look old doesn’t it. Lovely old town Shrewsbury.
Have you asked Father Christmas for fabric or is a new machine on your list? I was looking at little machines the other day for sewing on paper, but they are not exactly cheap and more importantly I am not sure they are dependable. Happy WOYWW. Angela #14

Lynnecrafts said...

Glad you had a great time with the Shrewsbury sisters. I really like your free- stitched decorations. I could well believe Father Cadfael admired that dragon! Looks like you had fun with friends crafting at home as well. Such a cute snowman! Your new fabrics are looking good, too.
It was good to catch up the other day.
Yesterday’s bath n duvet day with lots of hot honey, lemon and ginger seems to have chased the sniffles, (yay say Bella and Gracie😻😻) but I’m coughing more. Fingers crossed!
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 13xx

Sarah Brennan said...

A great time has certainly been had by all Jan. Loving all the wreaths between the three of you this week. Looks like you had fun exploring the local area too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jo, I'm here at last. I started off okay this morning and then got distracted again! Loving Lovely photo of you all together. Wishing you a very happy woyww. Hugs Angela x11x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sorry meant to say Jan not Jo. Think I'm tired after a busy day and don't know who I'm writing to Lol! Angela x11x

My name is Cindy said...

Well you have certainly been having a good ol' crafty time of it! Love the pictures of Shrewsbury as well - it would have been nice to have had a bit of time to look round when we were up for the crop last year but that will have to wait for another time. I kinda like the red nose gnomes!! Have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #11

Mary Anne said...

Yikes! What a bumper post for sure. I'd like to say it took me 2 days to read it all but really I was busy knitting yesterday. But the trio of you look like you had a blast and the idea of the wreaths? Genius. But I'd have not expected any less from those two. So much sewing skill in that room. I just love it all. You remind me, too, I must drag out the teeny gnomes I made a few years back from a cork, a tiny ball and some knitted hats - we used them for place cards at the holiday table and now I think I need another one for she-who-will-be daughter-in-law. Oh dear. more to add to the endless to-do list then... :)
Happy (late) WOYWW!
Mary Anne (7)

Lindart said...

Wow! What a busy girl you have been! I love the stroll through Olde England! Fascinating! And so much fun learning new things - the wreath is beautiful! Lindart #19

Neet said...

Whew Jan! i am exhausted reading what you have been up to. Such a busy lady and looking good on it too. It does you a power of good to be so busy.
Love all the photos of you and the sisters - and you and friends. Love the photos of Shrewsbury, what a lovely place to be at Christmas, reminded me of York a little but maybe not as crowded so much more fun.
Hugs, Neet xx 12

Eva said...

Dear Jan!
I had problems - I see no photos on your blog. But cklicking on the mini photo in the left corner, where the big on should be, I see the photos down in a row.
You look so happy. A love your work and your meeting with friends.
Would love to go to the fabric shop too.
Do only I have the problems with the pictures??
Eva from Austria (Covid positiv).

WOYWW 769

 WE'LL MEET AGAIN.... I'm going to take a break from blogging for a while - please don't worry, all is ok! - think I just need a...