WOYWW 754

GOTTA FINISH WHAT WE STARTED..

Seriously, where is the time going? The weeks are whizzing by but if someone asked me what I did a few days ago I'd be hard pushed to remember! Apart from this:


Another craft fair last Saturday! It was in the glass atrium of a local sheltered housing complex and there was a lovely atmosphere there. Like the previous event the footfall wasn't massive but I still made £150 for the RNLI! I've got used to setting up a stall by now and the best bit of kit are a set of shelves (in the middle at the back) which G knocked up out of spare bits of decking timber! They're great for giving a bit of height to the display.  Once again the gnomes sold well and I've sent quite a few out to friends as well. This is what's left:


You have to keep them corralled else they'll cause mayhem, lol!

I've done some other sewing for orders and to replace some stock for the cafe:


Some daisy fabrics which both work well with a medium pink lining. I also started on this blue floral which I like much more than anticipated:

I got a couple more metres from PoundFabrics:


The doggy one goes very well round here as the cafe is a dog friendly establishment so there's a steady turnover of these. I just thought the ducks pattern was fun!

And the tartan is for a Christmas tablecloth for us, the red spotty is for bags etc:


So more sewing fun to be had! The weather has been 'interesting' to say the least so the best thing to do is hole up in the JanCave and do something profitable!

Short and sweet today, hope you're all well and happy - enjoy your crafting!


15 comments:

Helen said...

I am glad you raised some more funds, the gnomes do seem to be very popular, and you can see why! I am glad you're escaping the weather to your JanCave and staying dry, it's been grim quite a lot! Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Sarah Brennan said...

Well done with the fund raising again Jan - the stall looks fabulous. Love that duck fabric! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Twiglet said...

Wow Jan your stall looks absolutely fab! The colours and fabrics are so eye catching. You have such a talent in creating gorgeous combos and the matching sets are a great idea. x x Jo

Lynnecrafts said...

Brilliant fundraising, Jan. Your stall really looks great. Lots of lovely goodies ( though I’d definitely keep an eye on those gnomes, who knows what they’d get up to else! Can you hear ‘crivens’ from that basket at all?
Stay warm and dry in your Jancave with your beautiful fabrics!

Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts xx

Eva said...

Dear Jan!
Oh - how I love it to see you sitting near the tabele from your new craft fair. I register every thing you made. Cool gnomes!
Hope you had some nice talks with people. You are so busy....
Nice fabrics are waiting for you and your best friend - the sewing machine.
Stay well!
Eva from Austria

My name is Cindy said...

Hi there Jan your stall looks lovely!! Yes anything for a bit of height, you are lucky to have someone handy (mind you I'm sitting here thinking I might just use the riser I bought for my pc!!) You did well with the gnomes, and such a great amount of money to raise! Yes the weather has been interesting and I haven't felt at all guilty staying at home the last few days. Mind you it's brilliant sunshine today I should really get out - but it's so nice and cosy with the sun streaming in and everyone at work......... maybe not.
Have a great week, love n hugs, Cindyxx #12

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Pleased you did well at the craft fair. The Gnomes are brilliant and obviously very popular. From the look of all that fabric you are going to be busy again soon. Wishing you a happy and creative woyww. Hugs Angela x11x

Annie said...

Well done you for the amount you've raised. I love your choice of fabrics...always so bright and cheery and will def sell well.
Hugs,
Annie x #6

Crafting With Jack said...

Well done on your craft stall. That is a lovely amount if the footfall was few. I think the gnomes are just right for Christmas gifts. Happy WOYWW. Angela #4

BJ said...

Gnomes nearly all gone! Super stall the shelves are a certainly great addition to the table. I agree the blue print is lovely with the spotted lining, brings it alive. Hugs BJ#13

Julia Dunnit said...

Vertical, stair rod type interesting weather for us, lots of it. Or blow you off your feet. Not much to recommend it huh! Your stall looked ace, love it when thing s are visible and clearly priced, and it's a lovely photo of you. If low footfall makes £150 then I'm perfectly sure you have cracked the market in terms of price and product...it's a lot of money!

Neet said...

Your stall looks amazing. I know what you mean about the stand G made for you, anything giving height always looks good. I used to put boxes under the cloth to give me various heights. Seems a long time since I did anything like that. I remember doing stands for school events and even using my Girl Guide lashing to fit poles together to make a "porthole" (can't think of a word) on the front of the stand and then we had things hanging from it. Those were the days!
Love your new fabrics and the tartan is amazing. I love tartan at Christmas. That should make your table look very special - I hope we get a photo of it all set out.
Take care lovely lady, you work so hard.
Hugs, Neet 7 xx

Lindart said...

Your stall looks awesome! I would stop there for sure if I was going! I'm looking forward to going to arts and crafts shows which are just starting up for Christmas now. Glad the Gnomes are selling well! Have a great week, Lindart #18

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy Belated WOYWW. I love your stall, and would want to buy one of everything! I have added your 2 gnomes to our Christmas storage area (ie in the corner of a spare room) and look forward to introducing them to my other ‘Christmas Cuddlies’ in December. Ali x. #16

Spyder said...

Loving thegnomes and the fabrics, 'specialy, the doggies and the ducks! Your display looks fabulous! Sorry I'm sooo late. Just can't get my mojo working!! Happy Yery late WOYWW!? ((Lyn))#20

WOYWW 769

 WE'LL MEET AGAIN.... I'm going to take a break from blogging for a while - please don't worry, all is ok! - think I just need a...