WOYWW 552

ANOTHER YEAR OVER, A NEW ONE JUST BEGUN...

2020 - can you believe it? I remember all the fuss about the Milennium and now that's 20 years ago. Good grief - Tempus Fugit and all that!  

May you have a wonderful, happy and healthy 2020 - may your scissors never blunt, your dies cut cleanly, your fabric never fray and your stash be used up ;-)  Let's share the crafty love and desky fellowship, it really does make the world a better place xxxxx

I have some desk action to share on this first day of the New Year:
I'm making another jewellery wallet for a prezzy - I lay out the pieces like that just so I don't forget any important bits!

Great colour combo - I've almost used up that grey now, wish I'd bought more (story of my life, that is!)

And all cut out with these beauties:
G and I had watched a programme called Made in Britain a while back and seen this company handmaking scissors and lo and behold, my lovely hubby got me a pair! They are such quality, much heavier than my other pairs and a different feel too...but I still don't think I have as many pairs as Julia, lol!!

We had a lot of fun after Christmas dinner with some modelling games though our attempts bore no relation to the pics featured on the box with this:
Owen's 'dog' turned out to be more of a Push Me-Pull You from Dr Dolittle! The other attempts are too rude to show, Blogger would shut me down.....

Slightly more decorous were our attempts at origami - following on from my Christmas trees, G got me a book with papers and so we had a try. Of course we didn't start off with the easier stuff - 
Our cranes turned out ok, we were happy with these!

Thanks for all the love and support this past few years, long may it continue - I'm already looking forward to the Crop in June!

Lots of love,
LLJ xxxxxx




16 comments:

sandra de said...

Wishing you a very happy and safe 2020 and a big thank you for all the lovely comments and visits over 2019. Those scissors are beautiful .... very special to have something today that is not mass produced. I am sure they will have a wonderful time snipping away at LLJ.
Sandra

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

With no Mr Linky, I went to a previous post to get a few names so I could make a few visits. Again your photos delight me. I'm into color for 2020 ! bRIGHTENS my day I guess. I use to do a lot of Origami and I should find the folds for a little frog everyone loved. Something for the nursing home friends. Anxious to see your finished jewelry wallet I think my grand daughters would love them. Wishing you and yours the very best for 2020.

Catriona said...

Happy 2020 to all the family and happy crafting every day. X

Sue said...

Happy New Year Jan.

Love the fabric and your origami cranes are fab.

Hope 2020 brings all you hope for. Sue

Sarah Brennan said...

Great origami cranes Jan and the balloon shapes look fun too. I can't see my stash ever being used u though lol. Happy New Year and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #?

Lillianb said...

Happy New year to you and all your family


Jewellry wallets what a lovely idea, Love the ballons and the cranes how clever

Lilia B

craftyani said...

Happy and Healthy 2020 Jan, love looking at all your sewing crafts. The origami shapes are great. Ani

Annie said...

I love the colour combo of the bag Jan and those scissors are just the best....only what you deserve of course.
Wishing you very Happy New Year my friend. Thank you for the love and friendship over the last year. Here's hoping for many more in 2020.
Hugs,
Annie x

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Tempus Fugit indeed! I used to think 20 years was a lifetime but now it seems much shorter. Hope you enjoyed your festivities, Jan - here's to another 20 years of (mostly) happy! Love the paper folded cranes and those fabrics look scrumptious. The hand-made scissors ended up in the right hands! They would be wasted on someone like me - I would just ruin them with glue on the first day! Happy 2020 and beyond! zsuzsa xx https://inkydinkydoodle.blogspot.com/2020/01/woyww-552-finished-advent-journal-2019.html

shazsilverwolf said...

Hiya Jan, and happy New Year to you all from us both. Love the cranes, they turned out fab. Nothing like a good pair of scissors, I bought some pinking shears from IKEA, and they are great. Not that they get much use here, lol. Saw Helen mention that Y2K bug, can remember how there was so much panic at getting IT stuff updated! Have a lovely week, much love to you all, Shaz X

Twiglet said...

Pinks and greys look lovely together and what gorgeous little origami figures you have made too. Enjoy another fab crafty year Jan - we love seeing what you do and are so looking forward to meeting up again. love to you and your lovely family xx Jo

Caro said...

Gorgeous looking scissors and I love the origami - it is something that I did a lot as a child, must try again sometime. Wishing you a very Happy New Year filled with love, laughter and creativity. With love and God bless, Caro xxx

Crafting Queen said...

You have been busy. Happy New Year! Hugs Anesha

Anne said...

Happy New Year Jan, sorry I am a little late getting here. Anne X

Eva said...

Always belated and always the last...........
Happy New Year to you, your friends and the whole family!
Pretty scissors!
Eva from Austria

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Well finally getting around to say Hi,dear Lunch Lady Jan!
Slack moi, tres busy!
LOVE those scissors andyou can’t beat a well crafted pair of scissors clever hubby, and yes agree on pink grey combo, love the opening image looomg view of desk. Mm, those cranes brought back memories, I made several origami hanging mobiles when at college a fish one and crane one! Well done.
Happy very belated WOYWW. Thanks for being a blessing, and may God bless you too, especially good health in 2020.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x #2 kinda! 😊

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

WOYWW 769

 WE'LL MEET AGAIN.... I'm going to take a break from blogging for a while - please don't worry, all is ok! - think I just need a...