WOYWW 903

 SISTERS, SISTERS,

THERE WERE NEVER SUCH DEVOTED SISTERS...

Hi everyone, I'm back after a really lovely week away in beautiful Mid Wales! Our two boys came with us and we had a lot of laughs, good walks, nice food and a special visit!

I've been playing catch up since I got back as my next fair is on 3rd October and it gets busier after that! It's all been about knitting and crochet, though the JanCave did see a bit of action yesterday (but I forgot to take pics, doh!)


I picked up some yarn in Shrewsbury in order to crochet some pumpkins:

I went into Abakhan, it's a treasure trove of lovely things:


and was quite restrained in only picking up a couple of balls of autumn coloured yarn, as seen in the pumpkin pic!

The rest of the pics are all about the trip so dip out now if you want...

Our boys are such good company, we really did have fun:


On top of Montgomery Castle, it was a very steep walk up but worth it for the views - we could see the rain approaching up the valley and got down just in time.


We stayed in one of the best holiday homes ever, in our own walled garden where the pheasants, owls, kestrels, house martins, squirrels and bats kept us entertained.

We visited Chirk Castle where there was a medieval re-enactment event going on:


Very atmospheric! There were lots of artisans in the tents but the one that fascinated me was the yarn braiding:



Unfortunately the person wasn't there, I would have liked to ask about the technique. Colourful though!

We visited the British Ironworks Centre near Oswestry and it was bonkers but brilliant! A 70 acre site with so many statues and figures all made out of recycled materials from aircraft parts to motorbike chains, it was amazing.


A massive millipede - its legs were old golf clubs!


The artistry was truly amazing, how they got the right part in the right place was impressive....


This dragon was my favourite, it stood over 20ft tall and the construction was astonishing. You could buy it, I fancied putting it in our back garden looking over the wall, that would scare the local kids lol! At £25k though it had to stay there *grin*

The highlight of the week happened on the penultimate day when a couple of visitors came over:


Oh but it was wonderful to see these two naughty sisters lol! Both Jo and Annie were looking so well, it was fab to catch up after nearly 20 months since we last met. As you can see, within five minutes of being there, the table was covered in crafting stuff!! Thanks Annie for bringing it over xx

I was given some lovely presents:


Thank you!!  It was just lovely to have some hugs and chat for a few hours, there weren't many long awkward silences lol!


Me and my gorgeous Big Sisters xxxxx

Thanks for staying to the end, I'll be round to yours as soon as I can today. Hope you're keeping well and enjoying your crafting xx




No comments:

WOYWW 903

 SISTERS, SISTERS, THERE WERE NEVER SUCH DEVOTED SISTERS... Hi everyone, I'm back after a really lovely week away in beautiful Mid Wales...