WOYWW 901

 BACK TO LIFE....

Wasn't last week's anniversary meet up wonderful? And how lovely to see some returning Deskers as well, that was a real treat! I thoroughly enjoyed reading about everyone's old desks and memories, what a gorgeous community we are xx

As the title says, Back to Life, Back to Normality....

Quite a lot has gone on in the past two weeks! I had a fair:


It was a lovely event, I saw lots of friends and made a few quid for the RNLI so all was good!


I made some bunting for the new granddaughter of an old friend, the first for quite a while and it was fun to do.


I've cracked on and made an army of gnomes! They're just needing pompoms sewing on the hats and their noses attached.


I laid out all the yarn I'd been given and the lovely gals from the RNLI who help me out with the Christmas knitting came for afternoon tea and helped themselves, it nearly all went yay! They'll use it for baby hats and blankets for the local hospital as well as knitting for the upcoming fairs. And I don't have to find room for it anymore, woohoo! Win win!

The husband of my deceased friend passed on some more stash, amongst which were these knitted baubles and a partly made Christmas stocking:


My good friend Kim (aka Chief Titivator) sewed up the stocking and some beads onto the baubles - we both decided they need something else:



The bows just finish them off nicely without overwhelming the exquisite knitting (obviously done on four double pointed needles, something I will never do!)  They'll look lovely on the stall and add a bit of variety to what we're offering. Thanks Kim, you're a star!

That's it for now, we're away next week so there may /may not be a post, see how it goes. Hope you have a good week and may your yarn remain untangled and your papers uncreased xxxx

9 comments:

Helen said...

it was a great week last week with lots of old friends. love the gnomes, glad you are making more . happy woyww. helen #4

Annie said...

How wonderful to see the wool all wound like that and for it to go off to others to be used for the charities...win win.The baubles are beautiful and I love how you have finished them off. Not posting next week? I would be sad if I didn't know where you are going ;-)
Hugs,
Annie x #6

Twiglet said...

Lovely post Jan - your trimmed baubles look just right. I can imagine your craft buddies enjoyed delving into that yarn stash- didn't it look wonderful all set out on the table.x x Jo 🌈

BJ said...

Yay grabbing a few quietish moments before the daily works start...
Not sure if the army of gnomes or the colour sorted yarns is my favourite today, they are both vying for my attention. Love what you did with the knitted baubles, so pretty.
Hugs BJ#7

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Yes, last week was brilliant and so good to see so many old members back. Looks like you've been well busy and great results too. Ah! now I actually like a bit of creased paper but guess that's to be expected. Have a nice time away too.Have a great woyww. Hugs Angela x9x

Lynnecrafts said...

Your post last week was brilliant. I love to see your gnomes and baubles, and that you had a stall again. Have a great time away, and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 5 xx

Elizabeth said...

Hello Jan, Yes, last week was so much fun. I enjoyed catching up with old members. You've had a busy week, I can see, Glad the fair went well - you always have lovely goodies for sale. As a knitter, one of my great pleasures is going into a wool shop and staring at all the shelves of yarn. I got the same pleasure from your photo without spending a penny! Love the baubles - the bows are genius. As always a pleasure to read your post. Have a fab week. Hugs, Elizabeth x #14

lisa said...

Such a lovely post as always Jan. Your Army of Gnomes are amazing. Will they march off to your stall? Love the knitted baubles. Aren't they knitted with such care. You've made them even more beautiful, they won't hang around long, anyone would be proud to have them on their tree. No, I haven't used all my brushes. Some of them are far too nice to get dirsty, Isn't that daft?? Enjoy your holiday. Hugs Lisa #10

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Hi Jan! I loved working on my Gandalf, but there's no way I could make an army of them. Your gnomes are so cool, even without their noses poking out. I've never seen knitted Christmas ornaments. They are lovely. Happy WOYWW!

WOYWW 901

  BACK TO LIFE.... Wasn't last week's anniversary meet up wonderful? And how lovely to see some returning Deskers as well, that was ...