DON'T LET THE SUN GO DOWN ON ME...
Hi there lovely gals, hope you've had a good week! I'm so much happier now the temps have dropped a bit, it's much more comfortable and more conducive to a bit of crafting.
The JanCave is still full of animal print!
I cut up the whole of the four metres I ordered so there's been a lot of sewing! This has taken precedence over the strips squares for the quilt, that'll happen another time.
There might have been another fabric order...cough...
These were on offer on the PoundFabrics website, it would have been rude not to lol. The cat print isn't really my colourway preference but I know it'll sell, the dog print is a canvas as I'm low on ordinary tote bags. G's sister brought me this roll of snowflake printed Scandi linen:
I can see this being cut up to make hanging hearts with a snowflake in the middle of each heart, red gingham ribbon and a wooden button...you get the idea!
I have been on the receiving end of a lot of yarn and fabric, mostly from my RNLI friend whose wife passed away:
The electric yarn winder has worked overtime but we've condensed it all into two boxes, these are stacked three or four deep. There is a lot of yarn! Hopefully my RNLI crafting buddies will come with carrier bags and take most of it away!
I was also passed on some fabric (there's loads more to come), some silk went to my SiL Jill, who fancies making a jacket and I kept the bits that were large enough to do something with, there were an awful lot of teeny scraps which I haven't kept:
A sort of Cath Kidston vintagey vibe - maybe another quilt in the future....
We stayed in our back garden to view the eclipse, G rigged up a cereal box/binoculars which worked quite well but our favourite image was this, the eclipse filtered through next door's bamboo onto our garage wall...fun!
Only two weeks until the 900 anniversary, I'm looking out some old posts, it should be a good bit of reminiscing! Have a great week everyone xxx






14 comments:
You’ve a great stash of fabric and yarn - they’ll keep you out of trouble 😂. The starry night print is lovely. .Your eclipse picture’s good, isn’t bamboo useful 😉.
I’m not sure my old WOYWW will be that old as I took a break for a while, we’ll see anyway.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts xx
Yarny, fabric gorgeousness. That little cat print is perfect! It is definitely like the magic porridge pot today. I am meeting up with one of my oldest school friends today and she is bringing bags of yarn, thread and fabric for me.😀x x Jo 🌈
The new prints you ordered are beautiful, and I especially like the ones with the dogs and cats. I'm sorry for the passing of your friend's wife. Happy WOYWW!
Love your fabrics...you will be busy :-) I'm not sure if I will find a WOYWW with a 00 ending as I don't number mine but I will love looking back at a few.
Hugs,
Annie x #6
I'll have a look later for an '00' that's a good idea. I know I have boxes of fabric upstairs that I'll probably not use now, it needs sorting and passing on for sure. The eclipse wasn't so clear where we live but I love how it's glowing on your wall, very artistic. Happy woyww, hugs Angela x7x
Happy knitting-day WOYWW!
Always a colourful visit. I adore the cat print, as you might expect :) Not MY ideal colours either but still cute. The eclipse image is pretty nifty - I kept seeing you could see it reflected using a colander and I imagine it might have been a bit like this. Lovely new stash, but sad how you came by it. I remember feeling the same when Doug offered up Shaz's stash. It made me a bit weepy. Hugs to you - you'll turn it into sales for the good of many.
Mary Anne (5)
The wall reflection is amazing. The dog fabric will make some lovely tote bags, you will soon have all that used up and then Christmas will be taking your attention. They were putting out the Christmas stuff in The Range last week! It must be a huge reorganisation event each year. Hugs Angela #9
Great additions to your stash and the cooler weather has certainly helped you to be productive. Happy crafting. Catriona
Hello Jan, love your fabrics. My granddaughter would approve of the animal prints - she wears them a lot. The image on the cat one is very similar to the one that appears on my 'cat person' mug when filled with hot tea. So sorry that your RNLI friend has lost his wife. The yarn that he's passed on is fantastic. Hope your friends make loads with it. Love the eclipse photo. Up here it was a spectacular non-event - too much cloud! I have a lot of years to look through for a WOYWW post with 00 in it - about 15 years worth. Have a fabulous week. Hugs, Elizabeth x #11
Oh Starry Starry Night.... and I love the cat colours you'll be able to match with loads of polka dots linings. Sorry to hear of the passing of your RNLI friend's wife but lovely to get gifted the yarns. Love the scraps you could have offloaded the teeny tiny scraps to me...oh what am I saying - LOL. Oh my word the eclipse photo is epic, just how I remembered it back in 1999, that didn't happen this time for me. Struggling with all the stuff going on around us currently, I've done as you said and pressed the button and emailed everyone I can think of about it today, press, councillors, contractor HQ, enforcement. Hugs Bj#1
Surprise Surprise, I had some time and thought I'd comment, I am unable to post Photos on my blog for the past year. Research has not helped and I quit.....Oh that yarn I've so much and think I'll try this winter to make a few things with it....I am downsizing my crafty space....donated lots of fabric to a group of quilters, sorted thru 2005-2022 Stampinton Publications and donating simpler ones to Assisted Living, etc Our August weather has been HOT and HUMID but not much wind as we have had. Some days were just destructive from all the WINDS> Sending Best Wishes to You and Yours....
Dear Jan! The photo from the eclipse filtered trough next door's bamboo is stunning. You've sorted the yarn so well. I love the fabrics. Wish you a nice week. Eva from Austria.
Good morning, Jan
the eclipse was too far north for me but I did catch it last year. As the sun became covered the entire world fell silent. Not so much as a peep. Was so peaceful. I've never experienced that kind of peace before. #Magical.
Love the fabric. that Monet is so pretty. that cat would throw me, too. Can't wait to see your hearts and snowflakes.
Hugs & Creative Blessings! ~ Kelly #12
I love the dog and the cat fabric's, I often lookout for something like that but never find it. ..not that I'd use it, I just have to have it., Sorry this is sooo late....(early for tomorrows woyww though!) I never seem to be able to find time ...today it was the gutters that needed sorting out, but...I just can't get high enough up the ladder! , anyway, I man's coming on Friday, Have a grrreat week, Happy last weeks WOYWW!?((Lyn))#16
Post a Comment