WOYWW 897

 THERE'S A WHOLE LOTTA MESSIN' GOING ON!

Hi everyone, hope you've been having a good week! It's been a busy one here, with the first market for a while, a couple of commission makes and finishing off the strips squares as well. Oh and dodging the heat too lol!


I got a corner spot at the local market on Saturday, there were fewer traders this time (due to event clashes) so I spread out a bit. It was a quiet morning but I sold a few things and it was good to get back into the swing.

Meanwhile, my birthday fabrics arrived:


Which included some Chr*STmas ones (sorry!)  I'd had a commission for a cross body bag in the leopardskin fabric so got 4m of it, it's a popular design.


I chopped up all 4m of it, so there's a pile of things ready on the bed in the JanCave but I needed to get the bag finished quick:


The lady needs it for her holiday which is fast approaching! It's a smart combo eh?

I carried on sewing the strips squares and laid them out on the landing, firstly in a colour fade...


..but didn't like it one bit! So I swapped a few squares about...


...and didn't like that either! I know, fussy so and so... Third time lucky maybe?


A bit better? Anyhow I decided to stop overthinking things and this is how it's going to stay so I piled each row up and now have a pile ready to be sewn when I feel like it!


Another birthday present was a jigsaw puzzle (my boys know me so well lol!!) and, as usual, once it was out on the table I couldn't leave it alone so it got done pretty quickly.


The craft room! Good choice lads, I really enjoyed doing it and it made me realise that I don't actually have that much stash really *grin*  What comes in gets used pretty much immediately.

And that's my bitty old week, hope yours has been more serene than mine - stay safe in this next heatwave especially you folks in the south and south east, I think I'm going to have to do a rain dance, perhaps we could all join in together.

Only three more weeks until the 900th edition of WOYWW! I'll be searching out some vintage photos to share for that one, it's definitely worth celebrating xxxx


11 comments:

Helen said...

what a fabulous jigsaw! Good to see you at a show again even if it was quiet. your placing of the quilt squares did make me smile. Happy WOYWW Helen #3

Twiglet said...

I love all your quilt layouts Jan and my problem would be making a decision! Your new fabrics are gorgeous and that bag is soooo smart. Wow. 900 WOYWW posts well worth delving back for a few ancient pics.. Keep cool. x x Jo 🌈

Annie said...

That jigsaw is fab...so you. Love the fabrics....I bought some Cristmas fabrics while I was away too but did't dare share those yet either lol. Your craft stall looked fab....I hope you made a goodly amount...you work so hard.
Hugs,
Annie x #5

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Love the jigsaw, well done at getting it completed so quickly. I think there are lots of people away on holiday at the moment since the children broke up for the summer which may be another reason why things were quiet. It's no good me trying to hide Christmas stuff as I've already had instructions from my ladies that they want to make cards probably in October! Happy woyww, Angela x7x

ukmaryanne said...

Happy too-hot WOYWW!
Woo hoo to a big corner spot - shame it wasn't as busy as some. I've never been a huge fan of animal prints, but hey, if the lady is happy that's all that matters. IDK what to suggest about the string quilt! I wonder if grouping the colours somehow could help you like it better? Like take 4 with the bold red and make then a larger 4-square block? Do the same with greens and with blues, etc? What happens if you turn them so they all slant in one direction rather than forming the Xs??Think outside the block LOL! Maybe all slant left in one row, all slant right in the next? All slant left or right around the perimeter then all the other way the next round, then the middle two as the border?? Oh man I just want to reach into the screen and have a shuffle myself :D
Mary Anne (6)

Lynnecrafts said...

Glad to see you being up to standing market again even if it was quiet. Your quilts are lovely - I like your 3rd try too.
Your jigsaw picture was our idea of paradise- well done for finishing it so quickly.
I hope you can stay cool this week,
Happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 9 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

I think you may need to do another rain dance Jan! If you did one while tossing your quilt squares in the air they might fall in a pattern you liked 🙃 otherwise I agree with Mary Anne. It is difficult arranging the squares in a way that is pleasing. It was good to have a large corner to display your work. I hope it was cool there. Wonderful new fabrics. I have just ordered the Hunkydory free gift for my grandson the make some cards with. Postage was £3.95, so not a bad deal. He said he liked it, I hope he still likes it in December 😄. Hugs Angela

Elizabeth said...

Love the jigsaw, Jan! I'd say it's the perfect choice for you. I like the layout you decided to stop at too. I can see you're going to enjoy making projects with the beautiful ne fabrics. No need for a raindance up here - we've had plenty of the wet stuff these last weeks. Have a fab week. Hugs, Elizabeth x #13

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Your corner spot at the market looks delightful, and wish I could see it in person. That handbag is very smart, indeed. I loved seeing your creative process once again, and don't believe you're being fussy, just artsy. My wife loves working on jigsaw puzzles too. Take care of yourself, happy WOYWW, and Blessings!

Julia Dunnit said...

900…the photos really will be vintage!! Love the version of the quilt you settled on, ama amazed that shifting a few squares about can make such a difference! Your stall was huge, what a lovely promotion for the RNLI. It is hot…37c in the sunny parts of the garden this avo…an elderly friend rang and begged for an outing that would include coffee and air con….couldnt think of a reason why not, but coming home felt worse than ever!!

BJ said...

Yes Jan the air-con is helping especially now I have vacuumed the intake grids as it had stopped performing and I thought I just wasn't coping. Just sad to be in a blacked out room most the time. Love your various options for the blanket, you are funny. Super Bet Lynch bag. And yes what a great jigsaw choice. Didn't think I'd be bothering with the eclipse at all but after a day in bed in the dark with air-con I just about managed to go outside for the spectacle. I watched initially in our conservatory then joined hubby out the front where we were joined by various neighbours and even a group we didn't know but we shared the glasses round and all enjoyed the show. I've had to come back to air-con room as really struggling, even have a wet cloth draped around my shoulders, hands are constantly hot and swollen. My room window has to stay a jar for the air-con vent but its white noise just about drowns out all the machinery and tools. Hugs BJ#11

WOYWW 897

 THERE'S A WHOLE LOTTA MESSIN' GOING ON! Hi everyone, hope you've been having a good week! It's been a busy one here, with t...