AND I DON'T WANNA MISS A THING..
Hey everyone, sorry I was missing in action last week, I'd been really ill with biliary colic (gallbladder) and had been in bed for three days as it was a bad attack. I'm on the mend now and have felt like doing a bit of crafting again!
It's strips squares time again...
I'm chain piecing the squares through, doing the same thing ten at a time...
then back to the ironing board to add more on...
then more sewing!
And before you know it you have ten filled squares:
I know there are gaps top right of each square but I trim them down from 12.5" to 10.5" so it doesn't matter!
Et Voila! Only another 20 to do and I'll have enough for a smaller sized quilt. No matter how many strips I use however, they never seem to diminish...it's like The Magic Porridge Pot!
My bro needed a new peg bag:
With an especially deep bottom to get lots of pegs in as per his request.
Thank you to the lovely gals who sent me birthday cards for the 1st August, I really appreciate it! I had a lovely day, walks on the beach, fabric voucher prezzies (wahoo!) and the house looked like a florist's lol.
I had a quiet but really lovely day!
Hope you're all keeping well and happy, I hope the slightly lower temps are conducive to get some more crafting done, it's definitely better here thankfully. xxxxxxxxx







13 comments:
Glad you are feeling better and were able to enjoy your birthday. The flowers look amazing. No link this morning but I am sure it will be added later.. Happy WOYWW Helen
Sorry to hear you have been poorly-Norrie says to tell you he feels your pain. Lovely scrapping and I agree that the magic porridge pot never empties.Take care. Catriona
Happy pre-knitting WOYWW!
So happy to hear you are feeling a bit better and you look lovely with your flowers! Pink & Green - a winner! As is the quilt - your fabric stash is legend....
:D
Mary Anne (3)
So glad you’re feeling rather better now. It’s a really lovely pic of you with your flowers. I love how quickly the strip quilts grow…well done you. I’ve not posted today…only got back yesterday and have nothing to show and tell.
Hugs,
Annie x
Oh so glad to hear you are feeling better, missed you last week. I see you have the strips train up and running again. Love the peg bag and that you bro required an extra deep bottom - LOL. Happy Birthday for 1st Aug hope it was a good one. Having a bit of a day here again with all the 3 building developments conflicting!!!Just vacuumed my air-con machine so now it's working better phew I thought I was dying. Hugs BJ#4
I can't believe it that's another poorly person. I was in hospital most of yesterday and still think it's the heat that caused it. So pleased you're feeling better. Loving the photo and your patchwork, that's a great way to grow it quickly. Happy woyww belated birthday wishes. Hugs Angela x1x
Dear Jan! I missed you last week. Thought, there must be happened something extraordinary. Poor busy bee! I lost my gallbladder years ago after I suffered so much because of it. I feel with you.
Glad to read that you enjoyed your Birthday. So pretty flowers!
And really nice fabric work. Hope my card found it's way to you. Wish you all the best! Stay healthy! Eva from Austria.
I’m glad you’re feeling better, Jan, and that you had a good birthday. Your quilt squares are looking pretty and your brother’s peg bag looks smart. It’s a good fabric for the RNLI, isn’t it?!
Happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 5 xx
Sorry to hear about your bad gallbladder attack, but glad to hear you are on the mend. A dear friend just had a major gallbladder issue, and ended up having surgery. Those quilted squares are gorgeous, and enjoyed reading about how you make them. My Mom used to have a similar peg bag when I was growing up, but of course hers was very feminine looking. LOL! Happy Birthday again and glad you had a blessed celebration with lots of love from friends. Happy WOYWW!
I'm glad you're feeling better, Jan. Been there in the past and know how painful it is. It's good to see your sewing again, and to hear you had a happy birthday. The photo of you is lovely. Hugs, Elizabeth xx #7
Sorry to read you have been ill, I am glad you are feeling better .now. A belated happy birthday. Your flowers are beautiful. The weatherman said we are in for another heatwave 😩. I am so glad we bought a fan, it has been very useful. Hugs Angela #9
So glad you had a good birthday Jan and are feeling a little better. Loving the look of those squares - the quilt will be beautiful. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah
Hope you are feeling much better by now. Enjoyed the instructions for the strip quilt. And a great peg bag! Happy WOYWW! Susan #8
Post a Comment