WOYWW 893

 RED AND YELLOW AND PINK AND GREEN...

Hi everyone, welcome to another week of desky snooping! I hope you're all keeping well and are coping with the high temperatures. I do really feel for folk who have to work outdoors, it must have been so hard, I've been keeping indoors a lot of the time.  Fingers crossed for a drop in temps this weekend!

The JanCave is quite nice in the early mornings so that's when I've been doing most of my sewing:


I found some squares I'd forgotten about and put them together with some pink and grey spotty from my stash...


It's backed with pale pink cotton and I'm just attaching the grey border here. I forgot to take a pic of the completed thing, doh!

A friend has a love affair with leopardskin (she's young and not at all like Bet Lynch!!) and asked if I'd do her a peg bag. I had to order some more fabric and oops, others just fell into my basket as well:


These were on sale, I thought they were a bit different!


The pegbag came out quite well, not too tarty! I ordered two metres and am using the rest up for my usual folding bags etc etc.

I did a craft stall yesterday after being invited by the RNLI Water Safety team who were giving a talk to a local group/captive audience! I'd have been pleased to make £50 but they were a generous bunch and £238 was raised! And I've got commissions for that leopardskin fabric above - it was a nice afternoon if very hot, the shower when I got home was marvellous!

I've also been commissioned to do wedding bunting and favours for the daughter of an old friend - it's not going to be a quiet affair and these are their mood board colour choices:



I love it! I'm researching fabrics for the bunting and have found mini disco balls to attach to the pennants, it's going to be so much fun! The wedding isn't until next year so I'll wait until choices have been finalised and then get cracking - it's certainly going to be different!

Have a great week everyone, keep cool and enjoy your crafting xxxxxxx

12 comments:

Helen said...

Love the latest quilt, great colours and patterns! well done on the latest stall sales. The wedding sounds a very bright affair, have fun working on that whenyou get started! It's been pretty grim working inside, our office has no air-con. at least this week there has been a lovely breeze so it has kept inside temps tolerable! Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Twiglet said...

Well done with the fund raising - that's an awesome amount to raise at one event the colours for your wedding bunting look so much fun and you will enjoy making it all. I'm dashing off to Craven Arms with Tilly this moy so might post when I get back. x x Jo 🌈

Annie said...

More great fundraising Jan...you really are a star. I love the latest fabrics and the wedding sewing is going to be fun. Stay cool and drink lots my friend.
Hugs,
Annie x

ukmaryanne said...

Happy slightly cooler WOYWW!
Gorgeous quilt, and bet it sewed up in a flash - what a lucky find in your stash. The wedding colours are gorgeous, just my style. Love it and the bunting will be a blast to sew. Well done on the fundraising too - captive audiences are the best LOL!
Mary Anne (5)

Lynnecrafts said...

Well done with your fundraising, it’s great hat you’re being invited by the RNLI to their talks.
Your quilt looks beautiful and the leopard print pegbag etc are fun.
That’s going to be a brightly coloured wedding, so it looks like your bunting will be fun to make.
Keep cool and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 7 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Certainly going to be a colourful wedding, and why not, weddings should be joyful occasions. Great fund raising. Love the fishy fabric. Stay cool! Hugs Angela

Elizabeth said...

Love that quilt top - it's a feast for the eyes! My youngest, 23-year old, granddaughter loves animal print everything too! She would adore the peg bag I'm sure. Congratulations on yet more successful fund-raising. I love the wedding mood boards - the mix of colours is joyous and perfect for such a happy occasion. oh, and I love the new fabrics, especially the one with the bees, of course! Have a wonderful week. Hugs, Elizabeth x #12

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jan, you would have loved the craft show at Doncaster, the fabrics are brilliant. There's an Indian family from Leicester who have the most amazing collection of fabrics and embellishments. I have bought things from them before and I'm always tempted. Just walking round their massive stall is enough to make you want to buy everything. I love the new patchwork you're working on and the wedding, if it's going to be as colourful as that you are going to have fun making the bunting for that. Wishing you a very happy woyww. Hugs Angela x8x

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

This quilt has a romantic feel, with those soft colors and flowery prints. I love the bright color scheme for the wedding project you'll be working on. Stay cool and happy WOYWW!

BJ said...

Not really coping with the temperatures - no but not a lot I can do other than hibernate till Autumn!!! Adore the pinks and grey patchwork and your new blue fish fabric. Not sure what to say about the leopard skin though - LOL Love the pink and orange your bunting will be amazing. Hugs Bj#2

Eva said...

Dear Jan! Greetings from hot Austria! We pray for rain. Maybe tomorrow? I love the vintage romantic quilt! So nice to see.
Congrats to your fund raising. The leopard skin is not so my thing. But who knows? In future? Send you a sweaty hug. Eva

Sarah Brennan said...

Loving the latest makes Jan. Making quick visits at Mum's. On antibiotics for my tooth so in a bit of pain. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

WOYWW 894

 SUMMERTIME BLUES.... Hi everyone, hope you've had a good week - lovely to see you all on the desks again. What have you been getting up...