WOYWW 546

RUDOLPH THE RED NOSED REINDEER....

I know... look, I'm sorry ok. Too early for the above lyric this week but it really is the most apt for what's on my desk!

And I'm sorry again - this will be a long post as there's lots to share ;-)

It's definitely Christmas in the JanCave at the moment as I've been busy making items for the WI and RNLI stalls at the town's Christmas festival. There are candy canes, felt Rudolphs, knitted snowmen, googly eyes, beads, ribbon, sparkly felt noses and a new tree decoration that's for our house. Oh and new fabric too!

I'd seen these reindeer on Pinterest but they were beautifully hand stitched - no time for me to do that so machine zigzag stitch it is then! The ribbon hangers are made with ribbon that was donated at the Crop, the felt is from my stash so cost per item to make has been very low.

Rudolph's sparkly nose is made from the offcuts of the fairy wand glitter felt and the snowmen are also from stash yarn, felt and beads. They'll have a Ferrero Rocher sweetie stuffed inside and need hangers attached as well.

I indulged in a little more fabric spending......

...and succumbed to a little collection of beads. I'll enjoy using them over the next year or so - in fact the Christmassy coloured ones will probably see action this week :-D

G and I went over to West Wales on Saturday - the reason was to meet up with Gail, a lady who's read my blog for a few years (and for whom I've made some items in the past). She was destashing her workroom and had wondered if I could use any of the stuff. It was fab to meet her in person after all these years and we had a good catch up! She was so kind in passing on a bootful of treasure:
This is a small selection that I was having a sort through - it'll be brilliant for WI craft club as well as fundraising. Thanks Gail, you're a star!

While we were out West, we went to Newcastle Emlyn, a small town which had some rather fine shops to explore and...oh dear....there was a fabric/yarn emporium. Well, it's a tough life but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do and it would have been rude not to go inside.....

The back end of an LLJ (definitely my best profile, lol!)

So much fabric.....

...so little time. I think that G had stolen Doug Silverwolf's Enabling Hat because he encouraged me to buy all sorts of this. I had to do it cos G said so ( well, there's a first time for everything, lololol!!!)

Newcastle Emlyn has the River Teifi running through and my goodness, it was in full spate after all the rain.


and the ruined castle has a lot of stories about the Golden Dragon. So I took this pic for you Shaz and Doug, it was above the castle gate and was really tricky to get a good shot but you get the idea...

He was a very friendly dragon - we'll definitely go back and visit him again when the weather is a bit kinder!

You probably need a coffee/tea/gin after all this - enjoy!

Have a great week xxxx

23 comments:

Helen said...

the items you are making for the stalls are fabulous- love the rudolphs! Love that you offset the free stuff with some new bought stuff - but what a shop,who could resist! Finally, I love the dragon! Helen #?

glitterandglue said...

Morning Jan. No need to apologize for the lyrics as far as I am concerned... whenever I make Christmas things I always have Christmas music playing - good and loud - even in July! Love the reindeer and little snowman. And oh my! What an emporium indeed. I do so agree with G - and of course, having been married a long time you probably agreed to honour and obey...
Great stash from your friend Gail - you will all enjoy using that. Have fun sorting. Now I reckon that dragon is definitely Welsh, don't you? Rather reminiscent of Ivor the Engine's dragon!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

craftyani said...

Oh that shop thinking of coming over with an empty case and visiting. Bet if I did would have to pay excess luggage. Have a good week with your Christmas makes. Ani

Lynn Holland said...

Hee hee I feel like I’ve had a day out myself now but not spent anything. It was brilliant thanks
Lynn xx 11

Sue said...

Hi Jan, Love the Reindeer. You are going to be busy with all the Christmas prep.

Glad you were forced to get more material:). The beads are lovely.

Nice to pass things on to people who will use them. Saying that I posted a parcel to you yesterday. It won't go through your letterbox.

Love the dragon.


Happy WOYWW
Sue #9

Neet said...

Love that dragon - he looks enormous. Sounds as if it was a good trip out with G buying you fabric as well, but what about that river? Talk about raging.
Lots of lovely makes on your desk, well in you Cave really, you do have some super ideas for little things to do.
Hugs, Neet 14 xx

Twiglet said...

Now that's what I call a trip out!! So much fabric loveliness and a hubby telling you to spend, spend, spend - what a gem he is!! Your reindeers are fab and will be a great fund raiser. You have been a busy bee Jan. xx Jo

shazsilverwolf said...

Hiya Jan, feeling so much better and it's good to be back. Loving that dragon, how fab is he? All that fabric looks gorgeous- well done that Enabler, lol. If your Enabler says you have to buy it, then you must. It's in the rules. Number 1, I think, lol.Lots of fab things for your sales, the reindeer are ace. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #1 X

Annie said...

Oh wow. I do love visiting your desk [in fact I love visiting you even more :-) ]. Love the fabric shop and of course a girl just has to obey her hubby so well done you for making the most of the chance. I'm a lover of dragons and if I was to collect anything it would be dragons ...but I dont have to time/patience to keep them dusted lol.
Hugs,
Annie x #12

Little Dorrit does... said...

Ooh! So much lovely crafty goodness! Especially love the little snowmen.
Congratulations on making a relatively speedy escape from the yarn/fabric emporium - it looks like the kind of Aladdin's Cave that could trap a crafter for weeks!
Amelia #21

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Loving your festive makes Jan! They put me right in the Christmas spirit! The beads are so pretty and I want to live in that fabric shop! There's a wonderful fabric shop in our town as well but it's never open when I go on my shopping trips on Sundays. Last Saturday I was happy to see that it was open but I had my hubs in tow and he was getting hot and bothered in his coat so he went outside to "wait for me". Knowing that he was waiting outside totally blocked me and I couldn't decide what to buy - I literally wanted to buy everything! In the end I didn't buy anything, but I told the lady I was going to go back by myself and take my time. I'll just have to wait for pay day LOL! Happy WOYWW and thanks for visiting earlier! xx zsuzsa #17

Catriona said...

Wow, Jan, my idea of heaven-a fabric shop. You have been very busy as usual and all your makes are lovely.

Christine said...

Needed to be singing that song .... I'm in full blown Christmas mode as well.
I was alright until Catt came round ..... never grown out of Christmas and she is bubbling with excitement ..... it's very catching.
Have a good stitching week
Christine #23

Caro said...

Loving all your festive makes - Rudolf and the little Ferraro Roche covers are adorable, but that dragon is something special. Happy WOYWW. Have a lovely week. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#10)

Shoshi said...

My goodness what a hive of industry the JanCave is this week, Jan! Those items should sell like hot cakes at the sale. I love the photos of that fantastic fabric shop... Quite mouthwatering, all that gorgeous stuff!! Thank you for your visit and your kind words. This week has been so busy and I haven't touched my Tudor project, and really need to get my skates on if I'm going to finish it in time!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #20

Elizabeth said...

Hi Jan, Christmas shopping done - for now! How I hate crowded shops, all that shoving and pushing - and that was just me! Love all your festive makes and that sentence beginning with candy canes could be a lyric from a Christmas song too. The fabric shop is an Aladdin's cave, for sure, and with such an enabler in tow I'm surprised there's any stock left! The brown spotted fabric is just my cup of tea. Lovely photos from the town - the dragon does, indeed, look friendly. Hugs, Elizabeth x #16

StampinCarol said...

The reindeer and snowmen are adorable! I love your table with all its goodies! Fun fabrics and beads! But what a shop!!! Love the assortment of fabrics and accessories! Enjoyed your other photos, too!
Have a fab week!
Carol N #19

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous and adorable, who couldn't resist those. The dragon is amazing too and thank you so much for sharing the photo with us. The fabric shop looks wonderful. Although I don't do so much sewing now I am still tempted by a nice bit of fabric, well you never know. Wishing you a happy belated woyww, Angela x15x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I couldn't have resisted those pots of beads too, not that I need anymore but they look so eye catching in their little display tubs. I love seeing all your work always a wonderful display of busyness.
The fabric looks like a wall to wall library & that Dragon is magnificent. Thanks for sharing Tracey #5

My name is Cindy said...

Hi htere! Well how busy have you been. Love the reindeers - and is there a pattern for the little snowmen? We've been selling xmas puds for ferrero rocher for years, maybe it's time for a change (though it'll have to be 2020). I don't do it of course but I have a friend who does. All that fabric looks so tempting - of course you succumbed!! Love that dragon as well. Happy (late) WOYWW Cindy #18

Crafting With Jack said...

Love the rudolphs! Who can resist a little craft shopping when you come across it? The river looks very high, hopefully no flooding in that area. I often think it would be great to pass on stuff that other crafters could use, especially for charities.

Julia Dunnit said...

Sorry I’m so late! Love the shots of the dragon.. please tell me you had to hang off a gate or lie across a dollop of dragon poop? You must feel really accomplished with all the fundraising makes you’ve done this year, what a generous heart. Likeyour antlers missus!

Crafting With Jack said...

Forgot to mention that I had looked at your location ,just a tad too far from me to drive for a visit! I live about 11 miles from Chester, in a little village called Hope xx Angela #25

WOYWW 769

 WE'LL MEET AGAIN.... I'm going to take a break from blogging for a while - please don't worry, all is ok! - think I just need a...