WOYWW 524

BLUE, BLUE HEART, YELLOW GINGHAM DRESS
YOU PLEDGED TO ME YOUR TRUE HEART, FORSAKING ALL THE REST.

I was determined not to start off with 'where did the time go?' or 'Who stole the week?' but honestly, where did it go and who stole it?? It's been a time of getting back into the normal swing of things after the holidays and visitors - we haven't had as much rain as many of you have (I know, amazing for Wales, huh?) but even so, we came back to this:

Everything's just gone whoosh and shot up - all you can hear is buzzing from the bees on all the plants. I'm really pleased with it, now all we need is some nicer weather to sit out in it!

The desk has seen a fair bit of action too:

Lots and lots of bunting flags ready to sew onto tape for a barn dance that I'm helping to organise for the WI in Sept. I know it's only June but there's metres and metres to sew, so I shall do it bit by bit.

I bought a metre each of 7 different colourways and cut cannily in order to maximise the triangle-osity of it!

I've also dived into the fabric brought in Shrewsbury - the Harbour Lights cafe had sold out of everything I'd put down there, so I'm having a quick make and restock. I like both these fabrics, they're fun! In the background is an ATC from Kelly that arrived a couple of days ago, thank you, Kelly, it's great fun! I've got a feeling that I promised to swap with someone and have forgotten who - if it's you, please remind me, pretty please!

When I was laying out items for the bunting, I put the two reels of tape on the table and:


Well, it's just gotta be done, lol! Hope it made you smile too - have a great week! I may be late in returning comments as I have a friend staying for a couple of days, but I will be back!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

21 comments:

Helen said...

fabulous fabrics, and your garden looks well lush! happy sewing! Helen #?

Sue said...

Hi Jan, Your garden is lovely. Hope you get loads of nice weather, so you can actually sit out and enjoy it.

Loving the fabrics for your bunting and makes for the shop.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #8

Claire said...

What a lovely garden - hope you soon have the time - and weather - to sit out in it :D
Happy WOYWW!
Claire no. 2

Julia Dunnit said...

That is a lot of triangles. Usually you can’t really tell how much of a pile fabric makes, so I can see that you will be a lot of stitching and taping, blimey. Garden looks fat and full and absolutely lovely, huge huge well done on your sewing sales, you Should be v chuffed. Have a nice few days. Xxx

Glenda said...

Nothing like a shot of your garden to tempt me! I love your space and just know you are going to really enjoy it. I've been trying to spend more outdoor time but we have had a lot of rain here the last few weeks. Have a good rest of the week!
Glenda #19

Annie said...

Well done you with the sales of all your goodies. Love the colours you're working with today. Have fun with your visitor.
Hugs,
Annie x #13

Heather M said...

Hi Jan, I know what you mean about the garden after the rain - ours seems to have gone from a garden to a jungle. I'll get our grandsons helping us this weekend hopefully. Love the glasses cases in the dotty spotty fabric - and your canny way of cutting up the fabric to get maximum use! Great smiley face - that certainly made me smile! Enjoy your friend staying, and have a lovely, crafty week, Heather xx #11

shazsilverwolf said...

Hiya Jan,love how your garden is looking. I agree we need some decent weather now.Loving all that gingham, definitely one of my favourite patterns.Laughing at the reels of tape. Love & hugs to you all, Shaz XxXxXx

Dorlene Durham said...

Boy, we sure know how to entertain ourselves. LOL I love the smiley face! The gingham bunting is going to be perfect for the barn dance - what fun! Hope you get great weather so you can enjoy your beautiful yard. Dorlene #26

Sarah Brennan said...

I definitely smiled as I scrolled down Jan. The garden is looking great. Good luck with restocking the shop and getting all that bunting sewn. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Catriona said...

We came hime to a jungleafter our 14 days away! Your desk is very busy this week. I did a FB post as promised-wheee!

Caro said...

Gorgeous garden, lovely bunting colours and your smile made me smile! Happy WOYWW. With Love & God Bless, Caro x (#10)

Elizabeth said...

Mr Tape does make me smile - only you cold have thought of that, Jan :) Love the 'triangle-osity' of your gingham too and that spotty fabric is just so cheerful and fun - should sell very quickly. We were struck by how much our garden had grown when we were away too - it's a conspiracy! Have a great week. Hugs, Elizabeth x #24

Anne said...

Your garden looks lovely. We've had so much rain it's knocked some of the stuff in ours about. :-( Love the gingham bunting! Anne x 18

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I believe that the time goes so quickly because you are enjoying yourself so much which has to be a good. Yes I did smile at your happy face Lol! Wishing you a happy woyww, Angela x15x

Kathryn Frantz said...

Lovely garden! And so inspiring! I bet it has inspired quite a few of your projects. The colors! Happy Wednesday!

Crafting Queen said...

I LOVE your garden!!!! Well done on doing so well selling your items. Have a wonderful week. Hugs Anesha

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks for the visit. I peeped back at last week as I missed posting and visiting...but I love the photo of the BEE. I love your beautiful plant area.
Lots of fun colors in your post too. Have a great weekend.

I didn't notice the ATC I sent in your collage but hope it has arrived. mailed it long ago.

Twiglet said...

Your fabrics are fab Jan - love what you have made. Tapey certainly made me smile! Good luck with the bunting - it's surprising how much you need when you are decorating a big hall. The long piece at the crop was part of what I did for my God daughter's christening and had 44 flags on it - just so you know! lol Your garden is looking beautiful - bet the bees love it. xx Jo

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Garden has gone gangbusters indeed Jan! Very rewarding And yes cannily cut indeedy! Going to be loads of yummy bunting there, well done, amazing how much your can get out a metre per colour really .. had to smile at your smiley too! Some nice other goodies too.
Happy belated WOYWW. Thanks for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x #6

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Lindart said...

Gorgeous garden! I love it when everything finally pops out, mine has done that too! Yours is much bigger and nicer though! I love all the gingham fabric! I'm not surprised that you were sold out of the things you made from Shrewsbury - awesome! Sorry I'm so late this week, thanks for sharing, have a great week! Lindart #25

WOYWW 769

 WE'LL MEET AGAIN.... I'm going to take a break from blogging for a while - please don't worry, all is ok! - think I just need a...