INVITED EVERYONE YOU KNEW,
YOU WOULD SEE, THE BIGGEST GIFT WOULD BE FROM ME,
AND THE CARD ATTACHED WOULD SAY
THANK YOU FOR BEING A FRIEND.
I am really enjoying being part of the WOYWW phenomenonomenon - sorry, couldn't stop spelling there! LOL. Thank you, Julia, for the inspiration (and also for being my techy helpdesk when I ring up and ask so many stupid bloggy questions... thanks, mate, you're very patient!)
My desk, covered with sewing bits and pieces. Here are the makings of a bread basket..
I've made a few items in the same fabric for the fair on Sunday, reasoning that people might want some matching stuff..maybe.. The funny tubey thing is a carrier bag holder that seem to be popular - I've been asked to make these. I just keep my carrier bags stuffed in a cupboard, just like my pegs are in a plastic box!!
I had some oddments of the doggy fabric left, so decided to make a doorstop with some contrast fabric - there's a different pooch on each side!
And here's one I made earlier!! The pink ribbon looks a bit garish in the flash, it's a lot quieter in reality and picks up the pinky tones in the flower centres.
I love making soup! Along with baking, it's my favourite thing to do on a cold winter's day. My boys like their soup/custard/porridge to be thick enough to stand a spoon up in - anything to oblige... :D
Sweet potato and red lentil soup - yum
And finally....I was very touched to receive two nominations for the Liebster Blog last week, from Sue H and Sam. Thank you sooo much, girls - I was thrilled silly as it's my first ever bloggy award - yay!!
So, for my part of the bargain, I have to nominate five of my favourite up and coming blogs that have fewer than 200 followers. Blimey, that was hard because I like and follow so many. But a decision had to be made. So here, in no particular order, are my five nominees:
1. Katie I like Katie's carefree attitude to life and crafting. Her blog makes me smile a lot!!
2. Mary Ann I deeply admire the astonishing work and creations that Mary Ann produces. Her Russell Crowe steampunk crow was AMAZING!! She is very talented :)
3. Princess Judy A relative newcomer to WOYWW, Princess Judy's wacky, offbeat sense of humour appeals to me - she also does some great crafting! Just don't mention origami...lol!
4. Jaki So much of what Jaki writes resonates with me; I like her humour and the fact that she's a fabric fiend as well :D
5. Lisa Jane I like the fact that Lisa Jane tells it how it is! Having met her, she has a fab sense of colour and design - AND I like that she has a go at stuff :)
As instructed, I've posted the award on my blog - thanks to ALL you lovely people who comment every week, it means so much to me xx
PS. The lyrics were from the theme tune of The Golden Girls (Dorothy was always my favourite!)