WOYWW 787

 FLEE TO ME REMOTE ELF

(A palindromic song title for WOYWW 787, lol!!)

It's Wednesday and time to join in with the lovely deskers on WOYWW over at Sarah's Craft Shed. It's always a pleasure to see what marvellous makes are on show and say Hi to friends around the world xx

There has been a bit more action in the JanCave this week:


In the foreground and back right are the wherewithals to make some more bags, purses and cases (is it wherewithals? Or whereswithal? Or even wherewithal for plurals? I dunno.....)

Also on the desk are two small knit-from-the-top-down cardis that need buttons sewing on.


After sewing! I love making this pattern, it takes me two evenings and one ball of yarn to make a cardi, perfect for charity items.


I also found these offcuts of the Welsh dragon fabric that I'd put somewhere 'safe' ....cough....  I love making these fabric keyrings, they're so quick and easy and it's hard to lose them!!


All different shapes and sizes and it's something else to have on the stall.

Talking of which:


The craft fair last Saturday, I raised £130 which wasn't bad as it was a quiet day, there was a lot going on in the area so footfall wasn't high. But I did sell a tote bag in the Welsh Dragon fabric to our local MP Dame Nia Griffith!!


She already had a glasses case in that fabric bought from the Harbour Lights cafe so I was thrilled twice over. She's a good constituency MP, I like her very much and wished her well for tomorrow!

I'll finish with a peek at the corkboard in the JanCave, I had a very happy half hour swapping ATCs and cards around:


There's a good few memories up there and I look at them often. It's what desking is all about xx

Have a wonderful week and may your embroidery threads never tangle xx

12 comments:

Helen said...

your post made me chuckle today! glad the stall made some money even on a quiet day, and that the MP was out supporting it.
the cork board with the atcs and cards looks great. Much better to display them so you can enjoy them than keep them in an envelope like I do.....
Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad you raised such a great sum even if it was quiet Jan. Cute key rings - you really don't waste any fabric! Love the rearranged cork board too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

Twiglet said...

What a happy post! Fab key rings and your pin board looks lovely. I'm not posting this week as we are dashing to Craven Arms to set up the exhibition. x x Jo

Crafting With Jack said...

Those tiny cardigans are so sweet! Well done on the fundraising. You certainly have a lovely display of fabric articles. You deserve a MBE! Have a great week and happy WOYWW. Angela #10

Lisa-Jane Johnson said...

Wow, that's in impressive stock you've created there Jan and an even more impressive amount raised! How wonderful to have your wares paraded by the local MP (well we hope she stays as the MP!) Do you have an overlocker by chance? We need some more re-usable face wipes (like cotton rounds) and I thought they'd be a great thing for your sales too but I think it might be tricky to get them to stay round using zig zag stitch! Have a great week, Lisa-Jane #8

Annie said...

Fab makes this week Jan (aren't they always? 😀😀😀). Well done on the funds raised too…you’re a gem.
Hugs,
Annie x #4

Lynnecrafts said...

Well done you for your sales for the RNLI and your lovely cardigans. I hope your MP flashes her Welsh bag around - you could get lots of commissions!
You and your stall looked great.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 5 xx

Neet said...

You need a slogan now "as modelled when shopping by Dame Nia Griffith" to put with your shoppers. Well done you - but then I am not surprised, i think that dragon fabric is a goer. Love the key rings. Love the quick knits - amazing how quickly you do them.
I had to test the palindrome.
Have a good week, must drop you a line.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jan, you're always so busy and not surprised you did so well at the Craft fair with all those great gifts. I love the tote back and not surprised Ms Griffith bought one. I wonder when you manage to sleep, you manage to make so much. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww. Hugs Angela x11x

Lindart said...

I am in awe at how quickly you can make those little cardigans! Your stall looks wonderful and inviting, no wonder the MP stopped by! Have a wonderful week, Lindart #14

Lindart said...

I forgot to mention your awesome corkboard, full of lovely memories! So cool! Lindart

Mary Anne said...

I love a good nosy round the Jan cave. How fab the MP loved your work - she does sound like a keeper. Th little cardis are super cute and the pattern looks quick - my favourite charity knitting!
Late AGAIN - the day got away from me
Mary Anne (3)

WOYWW 787

  FLEE TO ME REMOTE ELF (A palindromic song title for WOYWW 787, lol!!) It's Wednesday and time to join in with the lovely deskers on WO...