WOYWW 786

 WHO LET THE DOGS OUT?

It's been fun joining in the desky snooping again and was really fab to see Julia in the link last week! Sharing today's desk with the WOYWW crowd over at Sarah's Craft Shed


The desk looks pretty much the same from last week, I have made up the glasses cases and purses but have only just started on the folding shopping bags:


It's been quite a busy week and there hasn't been much sewing action in the JanCave....


Looking at this pic has made me wonder if I'll pick white, black or red poppers...hmmm...

While I'm relatively neat when sewing, when it comes to card making it's always messier:


I had to make a few birthday cards so out came everything including the die cuts that Diana sent me a while back. I didn't use them this time funnily enough but have had an idea for more collages whilst sorting through.

And I made a start on the yarn featured last week:


A boy's jumper finished and a little girl's cardi just started. I love this Stylecraft variegated yarn, like Fairisle but without the grief, lol!!

And a thank you to finish with: Caro was very kind and thoughtful and sent me an ATC and badge and then some happy mail turned up from Kelly as well! I'm so grateful to you both, as well as all the other lovely deskers who included me in the anniversary, even though I wasn't blogging at the time. I truly appreciate it xx


Thank you dear friends, it means a lot xx

Well, that's it for this week, short and sweet. I don't know how much crafting will get done here as we have family staying and then a craft fair on Saturday. My photos may be a bit random next week!!

Have a great week and may your stencils never smudge xx

14 comments:

Helen said...

happy WOYWW - hope you enjoy your time with your visitors and i look forward to your random pictures next time round! the jumper is so pretty. It's fab to see anniversary atcs still arriving. helen #1

Helen said...

came back again as I have opened the post now, thank you so much for the birthday card! Helen xx

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the latest charity makes Jan. That jumper is cool too. Some great ATCs and badges too. Hope the craft fair goes well. Stay safe and thanks for joining in with WOYWW. Sarah

Twiglet said...

Your little jumper is beautiful Jan. I haven't used that yarn. It really does look like fairisle and is so smart. It's a bit warm for knitting this week and I've been watching the footie. Have a great weekend and good luck with the craft fair. x x Jo

Lisa-Jane Johnson said...

Goodness that jumper / wool is so clever! I can't work out the logistics of it but as you know wool is not my thing. That set of die cuts that Diana sent you is inspired! I might have to steal that idea. Been thinking of you a lot in the last couple of weeks as I get another surge of grief for Wales. Sometimes things pop up in my timeline at just the wrong time for my emotional state! Have a fun week! Lisa-Jane #11

Neet said...

Magic wool. I wonder how that works out - it has to be magic me thinks.
Poppers? Any would do, red would compliment the handles, white the fabric background as a whole and black the spots on the dogs. What a dilemma - maybe mix them up a bit.
Enjoy your visitors and maybe when they are all gone .....
Hugs, Neet 2 xx
ps definitely not broken, can wiggle, internet said to wiggle for blood supply.

Crafting With Jack said...

I didn’t see what the man’s feet were up to, but he was playing, sometimes one hand sometimes two. I think it depended on how much space the lady gave him. Still travelling, an hour to go . I just finished the second Fantastic Beasts film. Have a great week. Happy WOYWW. Angela #10

Eva said...

Hi Jan!
I'm back again after ten days in our camper van. Lika a gipsy. (An old gipsy)!
We were at parachuting sport competitions and between three days holidays.
I'm so glad to visit your Blog again.
Love the boy's jumper and the doggi fabric. So cute!!
And the photos from last blog.
Stay well!
Eva from Austria

Annie said...

Lovely knitting Jan.....I like wool like that. I'g go with red poppers if its on the grey or black if it's on the red....but either is fab.
Hugs,
Annie x # 12

BJ said...

Oh cards - I really need to make one for hubby. It's certainly jolly hot here in the SE. It's got to 25C indoors with windows and blinds closed/down! Most of my medications have a max temp of 25C so I have had to take evasive action. Outside it was 27C Monday so probably near 30C now - oh man. That yarn does wonders doesn't it, crazy clever. Have fun with family, meant to say I actually had a round of Cribbage with my son the other week when he was home that was cool and I always think of you and yours. Hugs BJ#7

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

It's always a pleasure to see what you've been making, I shouldn't think you will have much time for crafting for a while when the visitors arrive but you know what! the desk and crafting stuff will still be there when you return. Have a great time, hugs Angela x9x

Lynnecrafts said...

Struggled to get strong enough WiFi today. Thanks for linking me. I love that jumper you’ve made. Over 30deg here in Amboise today. Will try to get to Clos Lucé tomorrow.
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 8 xx.

Mary Anne said...

I have happily been cranking out preemie beanies, and that is about all I can manage ATM. So many things on the go and no damn time. Ah well - I think I have nearly 25 ready to go - can't decide if I should hold out for 50 or send them in batches.... Love that yarn too, it knits up a lot better than some that are meant to mimic fair isle - I'll have to be on the look out for it too.
A late desk hopping - the vaxx laid me low…
Mary Anne (3)

Susan Renshaw said...

I wonder what poppers you went for..
Lovely jumper!
Happy WOYWW! Susan #4

WOYWW 798

  ON WITH THE SHOW, GOOD HEALTH TO YOU! I've done that classic desker thing and forgotten to take any pics of work in progress, doh! So ...