CROP 10....The Shrewsbury Tales


 Well, what a fantastic day that was - a new venue, which was a brilliant space, amazing hosts in Annie and Jo and some new (in reality) faces to meet as well. It was so good to catch up with friends that we hadn't seen for a year or so as well - I thought everyone was looking really great!

Radbrook Community Hall was a lovely venue, bright and breezy with loads of parking. Jo and Annie addressed the troops with a lovely welcome...

The two fab sisters who were our hosts for the day..what a brilliant job they did of it too!

Annie very helpfully demonstrated the safety announcements - either that or she's doing the YMCA dance ;-)

And here you can see the real reason for the Crop...cake, of course!!

The donations/swaps table soon filled up....

Lots of stash for someone else to give a new life....

Julia thanked Jo and Annie for hosting and all their hard work and presented them with a gift each.

The Raffle table filled up as well, with one of Annie's memory bears in the centre.

New this year was a photo booth corner, which was great fun. Catriona, a Crop newbie, had bought Harris Bear, made for her by Annie!

I bet you can guess whose table this is! It was lovely to see Maggie Craner after an absence of a couple of years. Her ATCs were glorious....

I had a go and really enjoyed it!

Now that's a look of deep concentration, lol!!

Shaz was blowing bubbles...pretty bubbles in the air...ok. she was really blowing alcohol inks around to make a coloured background. Very effective it was too.

See, there WAS some crafting going on!  Margaret (Glitter&Glue) was crocheting an edge around a blanket, Caro was zentangling, Camilla was enjoying the goings on and Sarah was colouring. Well done girls, you get extra brownie points for that! Talking about brownies, a shout out to my son Rhys who made some for the cake table....mmmmmm, they were lush!

It was so awesome to see Helen (Stamping by H) again..she had the fantastic idea of making a double page background for Crop 10 that we could all sign.

And my goodness, it was fab to see Chris (Mrs D) despite her recent ups and downs. So good to be able to catch up and hear all about her new place and the Craft Tower!

 Sarah was having fun colouring!

Jo was doing a sterling job keeping everyone topped up...

Margaret was doing a cracking job of bordering the multicoloured blanket...

We were thrilled that Caro made it to the Crop for the first time - so good to finally meet someone that I've known for a few years now!

Helen was doing some work in her journal...

Can you tell this was the naughty table? ;-)  Anne and Neet were on good form!!

And it was so good to see Heather again as well...

Obviously something really important was going on!

And Dolores made it as well - it was so brilliant to see her again, a surprise as we didn't think she could make it this year. 

She was doing some really delicate work.

Elizabeth, Christine, PJ and Camilla doing what crafters do best - craft and chat, good old multi-tasking!

Catriona was doing some beautiful embroidery embellished with beads...

Really detailed work - you've got a lot of patience there!

A close up of Harris Bear - and let me tell you, he is a true Scotsman :-D

Naughty Table Number 2! Elizabeth and Christine were having a good gossip...

Elizabeth was rocking a funky new bob hairstyle...

And Christine wouldn't be right without her pink locks!

PJ was working on his amazing wooden model train!

And it was awesome to hook up with Shaz, I've missed her.

And of course, we all wouldn't be there if it wasn't for this gorgeous gal!!

Would you trust this bunch of reprobates??

Or these??

Or these?? This made me lol!!!

Whereas these two gals were just tooooo gorgeous.....

I think Caro rocked that pink boa!

Who are those two mysterious masked ladies?? I couldn't possibly say......

And what a lovely pic of EM and Elizabeth...

There are two other WOYWWers in this pic...Pear Shaped Chris and ZsuZsa who turned up for a short while, so good to see them!

Back Row: Christine, Chris, Sarah, Camilla, Zsuzsa, Annie, Heather, Jo, PJ, Caro, Anne, Neet, Elizabeth, Margaret, Catriona, Shaz

Front Row: Helen, Chris, Julia, Jan, Dolores and Maggie

The biggest number of deskers at a Crop for a couple of years, it was brilliant to see you all.

Zsuzsa called in on her way somewhere, hope the rest of your journey was ok.

Two deskers!

Annie and Jo had one final surprise after lunch - we toasted WOYWW with Prosecco and there was a special cake (made by Jo!) for Julia to cut.

And every Queen of Snoop has to have a tiara!!!

Julia did the honours.....

So here she is....the person who made it all happen. And we all heard her say it - the next 10 years? She will if we will - there were witnesses, lol!

What a wonderful day - huge thanks to Annie and Jo for the amazing organisation and also to Gordon, Mr LLJ for being cameraman/photo editor as well.

I'm all typed out now...time for bed! See you on Wednesday..... xxxxxxxx



26 comments:

Kyla said...

Ooh how fabulous to see everyone so gutted i missed it but looked amazing

Christine said...

Great photos!!! Great write up and great day!!!
Xxxxxzzzx

Sarah Brennan said...

Brilliant round up of the day Jan. Looking forward to next year already. It was so good to catch up with everyone.

Sue said...

Hi Jan, Thank you so much for sharing the lovely photos and goings on at the crop. Almost feel like I was there. Sue

Marit said...

Oh my goodness Jan... I sooo wish I could have joined you all - it's fabulous to see all the photo's and you gals and see how much you enjoyed the crop and each other... a big celebration that will be remembered by all of you I think. I felt being there seeing the pics and reading your post, thanks for the hard work on your part of putting this online so fast. Big hug from Holland!

Annie said...

What a fab collection of photos to remember our day by. Thanks so much Jan cos I didn’t manage to take one photo....well maybe one and just maybe it will be good enough to feature on Wednesday 😂😂😂
Love and hugs,
Annie x

Kathyk said...

WOW! Fab day, only made it to one of these get togethers but hope I can make another at some point. Love the photo booth idea!

Thanks for sharing all these fab photos

Kathyk

shazsilverwolf said...

Hiya Jan, loads of fab photos. wasn't it a great day? Definitely one of the best.Lovely meeting so many 'new' croppers too. Love the pic of Gordon & Doug, put my copy up on FB.Love & hugs from us both, X xXxXx

Twiglet said...

Oh Jan! This page made me cry , really! Lovely, lovely photos of such a happy bunch and a wonderful day. That little Julia real did ignite a fire didn't she. Thanks for the photos, write up and for being you - we love you! xx Jo

sandra de said...

Wow looks like a great time had by all and lovely to see that you celebrated in style ..... bubbles and cake. Just doesn't get any better and so lovely to have a peek at everyone.

Debbie Rock said...

Wonderful photos!!! Looks to have been just the most fabulous celebration & a true testament of just how much Julia means to us all.
Got to say karaoke & a photo booth are two of my biggest fears so, phew, escaped that one!
Really glad it went so well but was never in any doubts that it would. Much love. Xxx

Helen said...

I had a fabulous time and got home about an hour ago, am just about to write up my blog too... I did see this from Margaret's this morning on my phone but it was too small to see properly and do any comments justice! Love all the pics you took and it was fantastic to see old and new friends again. Big well done to Rhys for the brownies, they were lush and had another one at half time in the big match (go Liverpool!) Helen xx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Gosh, Jan, you're so quick! A great chronicle of the day that tells the whole story so I can see the parts that I missed. It was such a wonderful get-together and I was so excited to meet everyone - you can see that I couldn't wipe that silly grin off my face LOL! Thank you for the warm welcome! xx

Lisca said...

Thank you so much for posting the photos. They are great! Annie and Jo did us proud!
I loved seeing Julie cutting that awesome cake. Queen of Snoop indeed!
And such a great idea to have a photo frame. Such fun. I laughed at all the funnies, especially Doug and Gordon.
I wish I could have been there.
I shall re-join you all soon ( I have been absent for a few years now),
Thanks again for posting,
Hugs,
Lisca

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a great wrap up, Jan. For those of us who couldn't make it, this turned out to be a fun and remarkable way to feel like we had been there, even if we didn't get any cake!!

Mrs-D said...

That's a lot of pictures, thanks for sharing them. It was good to be there.
Chris

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ohhh so wonderful Jan, thank you feel like I was there with you again, but saw some new faces too, thanks so much for all your pickies. Really appreciate it so much. God bless.
Thanks for time to do all this sharing, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Heather M said...

Hi Jan, great post of a great day. Loved being part of it all, so a big thanks to all concerned for making it happen - especially Annie, Jo, Julia and yourself. Your photos are superb. I didn't take any so may have to borrow a couple for my post this week! Do we really have to wait another year before we all meet up again?? Noooo it's too long! Should we not have a Christmas Cracker Crafty Crop in November then I don't get withdrawal symptoms? Lol. I really did have a whale of a time. Roll on the next one! Hugs, Heather xx

Caro said...

What a lovely post with gorgeous photos. it really was a truly wonderful day and it was so special to meet you and everyone else. Thank you all who made it work so well and for the wonderful welcome you gave me as I arrived. It really helped me to feel at home. I had a smile on my face all weekend. I really hope that I can come to the next one. Caro xx

Anne said...

Hi Jan I just caught up with this. Fab photos of a fab day with fab people. Thoroughly enjoyed it all. Thanks to everyone. Anne X

Anne said...

Hi Jan I just caught up with this. Fab photos of a fab day with fab people. Thoroughly enjoyed it all. Thanks to everyone. Anne X

Neet said...

Thank you so much for this wonderful post, so full of fabulous photos. Why did I not think to look before? Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you do, the support you are to Julia and just for being YOU>
Hugs, Neet xx
ps did Rhys really make those brownies? I want his recipe, they were absolutely gorgeous!

Lynn Holland said...

Im full to bursting seeing you all in these lovely pictures.
Thank you for posting them, I feel like I was there myself now
Much love
Lynn

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks Jan for all the great photos. You all look fabulous and the spirit of fun is shown thru. What a great event for all. I sit here dreaming !! Such a beautiful cake and the smiles everywhere make it all so special. On to another year of WOYWW.

Lynn Holland said...

I’ve come back for another look, it’s so lovely to see everyone.
I could kiss you all haha.
Can you wear badges next year please as I’ll never remember everyone’s names
I’ve been very giddy all day, zooming round the blogs
Lynn xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Fantastic photos, wish I could have been with you. The envelope from Jo arrived today and I was quite overwhelmed that you thought about me when you were all so busy having a good time together, how kind of you all and yes there was an ATC from you Jan so thank you so much. Wishing you a happy woyww, Angela x17x

WOYWW 769

 WE'LL MEET AGAIN.... I'm going to take a break from blogging for a while - please don't worry, all is ok! - think I just need a...