MIND IF I SAY YOU'RE CUTE?
Hi there, hope you're all doing ok today - looks like we're ramping up for another week of heat so you'll find me mostly sitting in a cold tub lol!
It's been a busy old week. socially and crafting wise:
I've been quilting the squares of both projects, just simple stitch in the ditch - I've put the border on this one as well:
..and have cut the navy border for the second so this one should be completed by tomorrow. I've got a stall next Monday at a local group and am thinking about doing one this Saturday morning but we'll see...the last RNLI collecting box from the Harbour Lights Tearoom yielded £405 so that's taken me over the £15k mark, woohoo!!
My prickle of hedgehogs is growing! They're so easy and quick to do, very pleasing indeed, I've got three more balls of tinsel yarn to work through so that should be enough to be going on with for the moment.
I have some friends with significant birthdays and saw this fun card tutorial on Youtube, just for the basic chick design:
So the paints came out again and I did a few pinky/lilac splodges....
...and then gussied them up a bit, they're all slightly different!
I really had fun doing these, minimum input, max effect, just my sort of crafting lol!!
Have a great week and hope the heat doesn't get you down too much xxxxxxx






11 comments:
I suspect the hedgehogs may take a back burner in the heat; must be a bit sticky with wool.. It's been so hot again here already this week and getting hotter. The cards are looking great, love them! Well done on the latest RLNI total, that's brilliant. Helen #1
Oh I do love your classy chick cards - they really are classy and perfect for a few folks I know👸 Your quilt is a winner Jan. I really love the bright random colour and will no doubt add to your fantastic fundraising total . Stay cool! x x Jo 🌈
Oh my! I am so in love with those cards, I bet you could make them into Snowmen too, though thinking about Christmas cards is difficult ion this heat though I've tried! Have a good woyww, hugs Angela x6x
Congratulations on raising over £15000 for the RNLI! Your cards and hedgehogs are so cute and your quilts are magnificent!
Thanks for signing me in. It’s already 31deg here - it’s going to be a hot one!
Happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 4 xx
Happy hosting-knitting WOYWW!
OMG those chicks are adorable! Love them so much - I know some chicks that would appreciate them. Thought of you this week when I saw a short that combined quilting and crochet, but felt it too hot to dwell on. I must find it again - seems like it could be fun :D
Mary Anne (7)
WOW adore your painted chicks, the pen work on them is brilliant. Nice to see the tinsel yarn in its balls it makes super hedgehogs. Hugs Bj#8
We’re getting heat again so indoors for me too. Love the cards-you are so talented. The quilts are looking good and hope your sales tables go well. Catriona
Hi Jan! I'm always fascinated by the gorgeous patterns you make in your quilts. However, the stars of your post this week are your super cute "pinky/lilac splodges." Their facial expressions are precious, and I love how you gussy them up with crowns and pearl necklaces. Happy WOYWW!
Dear Jan! Oh - how I love your "Happy Chick!" Think this would be great for my Dear Daughter in Law! Chapeau for your patch work blankets. And the hedegogs are cute.
Big congrats to the ammount of Pound 15k. !!!!!!! You're the best!
Best wishes from Austria, Eva
Hello Jan, I'm always impressed with all your crafting, whether it's quilts, hedgehogs or cards, but to have raised more than £15k, well, that's more than impressive!!! Those chick's are fantastic. Have a great week. Hugs, Elizabeth xx #9
Oh well done on hitting another fund raising milestone Jan. Love those classy chick cards. I expect it will be too warm to work on the hedgehogs for the moment though. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah
Post a Comment