WOYWW 793

 LAZY SUNDAY AFTERNOON...

Actually that should be lazy all day, every day at the moment! While G and I finally tested negative for Covid at the weekend, the fatigue continues - we are trying to do a bit more but just have to resign ourselves to resting afterwards. It's a pain but these things take time.

I have tried to do a bit more crafting after sorting out the JanCave. I now have our son's old single bed in there after he bought himself a new double, it was too good to get rid of:


Perfect for a mid project siesta! It's fitted in quite well but the shelves have had to be moved:


This took a couple of days to do but is all nicely arranged for when I get my mojo back!

I did do a simple bit of sewing for a fellow market stall trader who does wonderful honey and beeswax products. She had kindly given me some really useful fabric and asked if I could do a slightly larger purse for her to keep banknotes in. I sent off for some bee fabric and made two, one with a zip and one with a popper:


I'll give her both and she can choose what to use for what! The bottom purse is quilted to give it a bit more rigidity and, brace yourselves, I measured the lines and used tailor's chalk instead of winging it!!


I was impressed with myself, lol! Of course I would have winged it normally but I wanted this to be precise as it was a thank you.

Another sit down bit of crafting came when I got a few old watercolours out and made them into cards, not complicated and it wasn't too taxing:


It's always useful to have a few cards to hand.

And that's it, I'm hoping to have a bit more energy next week. Hope your crafting goes well xxxx

16 comments:

Helen said...

glad you and G are clear of Covid, I hope you get your energy back soon. seems like you did a fair bit even so. I love the cards. Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad you are both finally negative Jan. Make sure you rest plenty in between projects. Love the watercolours. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

Neet said...

Gosh, this dose of Covid is taking a long time to clear. "Buzz off Mr Covid, we don't want you around any more". I know it's gone, in a way, but you are still suffering the effects of it and it is lasting far too long, especially for someone as lovely as you two.
Sounds as if you don't know when to rest up enough and I must admit that is me too. As how bad my back is if a job needs to be done I somehow have to do it - even if himself is following me around rubbing the said back whilst I get on with the job. Mad!
Your sewing is lovely and the bee fabric is perfect. It reminds me of a strappy top I have minus the bees.
So happy that you managed to do some watercolouring.
I love your cards, they are so pretty and you have a real talent for them.
Here's to more improvement from you both but just listen to your body and take it easy, rest when you have to and when you don't need to as well. That bed is there for a purpose, take advantage of it.
Lots of gentle hugs, Neet 2 xx (and for G as well)

Lynnecrafts said...

Glad you’re starting to get over Covid. Your purses are pretty. I use hijab magnets to anchor my cash tin to the stall - a pair inside the tin and a pair underneath the tablecloth. It might just delay someone who might be taking advantage of a moment of distraction.
Your cards are beautiful and I love the colours.
I know you’ve been resting but take it steady.
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 11 xx

Crafting Queen said...

Great sewing bags and well done for measuring. lol Love your tidy space. Anesha x

Mary Anne said...

Goodness those cards are simply lovely. And I think the bee fabric is super cute too - I bet the recipient was very happy with both. Look at you! Marking and sewing. Who'd have expected that, Mrs. No-Pin? :D
Getting as many in as I can before knitting…
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (6)

My name is Cindy said...

You put me to shame, I am achieving nothing at the moment. The bee purses are fab. Glad to hear you are clear of Covid but sorry its taking so long to fully recover. The idea of a bed in my craftroom for a quick lie down is very appealing right now!! Hope you are 100% soo, love n hugs Cindy xx #4

Annie said...

I'm thrilled you're now testing negative but you will still have to listen to your bodies and rest when needed...the bed in the sewing room is a brilliant idea for that :-)...I'd have one but I might get disturbed by my customers lol.
Hugs,
Annie x

Crafting With Jack said...

I hope you feel better soon, it’s horrible to lack energy. Beautiful watercolour cards. Happy WOYWW. Angela #15

Lisa-Jane said...

Glad you are on the mend with the negative test at least. It took me several weeks to get over the fatigue the first time, the second was over pretty quickly, the third was awful for weeks and weeks but I never got a positive test! I fell ill 2 days after my dad got it & I'd had no time to see anyone else after looking after him so much. Slow & steady wins the race my dear and that bed is indeed perfectly placed for a disco-nap / nanna-nap depending on your preference! Take care lovely. Have a great week, Lisa-Jane #9 www.prettymypage.co.uk

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Pleased to hear you're rid of the Covid but you obviously still need to take it easy and give yourself time to regain your strength. Well done at getting the Jan Cave sorted. Nice fabric and cards too. Have a good woyww. Hugs Angela x12x

Lindart said...

Sorry you are still feeling tired, but happy the Covid is gone. You are so talented with your sewing! I'm sure she will love them both! The cards are wonderful! Have a wonderful week! Lindart #16

BJ said...

Glad you are on the mend, it does take time doesn't it. You'll get there. Super cards, your watercolours are gorgeous. Great purses, she'll love them. Hugs BJ#9

Susan Renshaw said...

Hope you will feel better soon.

Love that bee fabric and the two purses!

My post was done on my phone and so ended up with several errors - notably a missing link. It is there now!
Happy WOYWW! Susan #3

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the cards too!

Eva said...

Dear Jan! Glad to read that you both are negativ. Take care of you and have a nap whenever you need it. You have one more bed....
The purses are very nice and usefull.
Love your cards.
Eva from Austria.

WOYWW 797

  HERE COMES THE BRIDE! It's   a red letter day! A satisfying palindrome WOYWW number of 797 and it's also our 42nd Wedding Annivers...