For Fun and Friendship

For Fun and Friendship

Saturday, 16 July 2011

Getting the Right Shot....


Behind the Camera......

I like to keep a visual record of what I make, because it is so easy to forget otherwise!!  'Oh Yeah..' I say, when revisiting my photos, 'I'd forgotten I made THAT!'

I like to take a decent piccy and try to capture the fabrics, details etc.  But goodness, does that open a can of worms.... For example, here are the things that were being made on my WOYWW last week. Do you....


                              Shoot it in natural light?        Or indoors with a flash?

                   

                             Handle down?                     Or up?  Is the black background better?


And don't get me started on bunting!!  I was trying all sorts of layouts, all unsatisfactory.....

 
 


Until my OH, who has moments of genius sometimes, said 'Try the points facing inwards...'

Et Voila........
                       
 Not high art, I know - but ooh, it makes a difference to me!!


The one thing that starting this blog has made me realise is just how blooming picky I am about things.....I don't know if I like that about myself!!  But, to quote the wonderful Terry Pratchett, 'the leopard is never too old to change his shorts'  !!


Maybe there's hope for me yet then.....    :D xx
                                                         

9 comments:

  1. Clever hubby ...points in is perfect. ...as for bags ...now thats all another problem .... maybe there isn't a right ...maybe a selection of 'poses' to keep things interesting ...and I liked all the backgrounds including the garden ... but maybe black least....the problem is your bags are all amazing and eye catching so stand out anyway.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh very clever! I must admit (from a customer's point of view) I quite like to see bunting hanging up, but just for your own personal record that looks great:)
    Another thing to check (if you haven't already, in which case tell me to shut!)is the White Balance setting on your camera. It can make a world of difference to the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont change, i cant cope with change! Picky isn't a word I'd use foryou, this blogging- so revealing! I love the garden shots, when you shoot to sell, perhaps a small fabric close up with the price. Nice bags missus ooerr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love 'em all! The garden one sings of Summer - weather here right now is anything but! Keep showing please :) Add as for what a White Balance setting is - I'd have to get the manual out, if my camera even has such refinements. Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehe We do sound similar and I think this leopard changes it's shorts on a daily basis :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting a good photo of bags is really hard, I know I have tried all sorts of ways. i tend to be less picky now about photos than I used to be...maybe thats just laziness tho lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same problem, mainly cos I never remember to photograph my items in daylight! If you're looking for votes, I prefer the garden one, setting the product off against a pretty background is always good, its like the 'serving suggestion' they put on food packaging! Have u got a garden gate or shed door with a handle u could hang it from? Its amazing how cropping a photo of manky old shed makes it look distressed and romantic, lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for all your comments - all of them constructive!! It has made me realise that there is a better background for selling than just for record keeping. @jodpea, love the manky shed comments, but it's so true!! Shall have to scour Wiltshire for suitable candidate :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! What a difference! When you photographed that flowery bag indoors with a flash, it made it look like it had doggies all over it! Thanks for sharing - I don't want to be doing THAT with my layouts! ;)
    Helen S (hehe)

    ReplyDelete