WE ARE THE WORLD, WE ARE THE CHILDREN,
WE ARE THE ONES WHO MAKE A BRIGHTER DAY, SO LET'S START GIVING...
And that lyric came about because I saw that today was WOYWW 360, which led me to think of the internal angle of a circle, which led me to wonder if that was the internal angle of a sphere, which led me to think of the world....and so the lyric popped into my head!
Oh yes, my brain is THAT weird :-)
I have managed to complete some sewing this week. Bunting, for example...you don't do any for ages, then three requests come along at the same time.....bit like buses!!
This was what last week's show and tell finished up as:
The lady asked for pink, so that's what she got - with a touch of lilac thrown in. This has been received and all are happy, so am I. It's always a bit nerve wracking making things sight unseen and hoping the person likes it!
I've just started making this for the third grandson of a friend in band. The letters are sewn down and I'm fiddling with the ribbons and ricrac until it looks 'right'. I seem to be incapable of sorting through ribbons without making a cats cradle of it all.....
Hmmm, needs a bit of a sort out, I think! The fat quarters were a prezzie from Julia - they're gorgeous, fresh colours and I need to have a bit of a think about what to use them for. The little cardi is one of those knit-from -the-top-down ones again - I've made this one to add to the charity pile and need to sew those buttons on. Good colour match, aren't they?!
I thought I'd leave you with The View from my Workdesk!
My tree is just coming into bloom and is looking very gorgeous. And all my fav bits and bobs are on the window sill - so, from L-R we have:
* a squirty water bottle sent by Sandy (EatWriteDreamStitch) in Missouri
* a stained glass panel made by my friend Jenny
* a little wooden mushroom given to me by Chris, my dear late SiL
* an exquisite little picture from Diana (Velvet Moth Studio)
* a gorgeous pic and frame made by our talented Debbie Rock (the pic is me and Julia)
* a teeny thimble in the shape of a teapot, one of the very few things I have of my Grandma's
*a beautiful perfume bottle made by Bristol Blue glass, given to me by my lovely friend Sue
* a friendship canvas made by Julia
* a Piggy Bank, with 'Immoral Earnings' on the side...this makes me laugh a lot!
* and finally, the big sign, again a present from Julia. All I can say to that, Mate, is Pot calls the kettle black :-)
So, I gaze at these all the time because they're in my eyeline and I think of the lovely peeps they're associated with :-D
Have a great week xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx